The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 6, 2011, 11:03 PM   #26
warbirdlover

I liked the one trail camera pic of the illegal aliens drinking water out of the cattle trough on a Texas ranch.
Old September 7, 2011, 10:59 PM   #27
Jason_G

Quote:
You're right about that. I've killed swamp rabbits that field dressed at 4 lbs. It doesn't take many of those to fill a game bag. We'd hunt an area near Cheneyville that had huge swamp rabbits. Sometimes I'd consider bringing the .30-30 instead of the shotgun, ...
LOL at the .30-30.

You must be from around Alec? I mostly hunt up north, just south of Plain Dealing, if you know where that's at. Our lease is right on the Red River. I also hunt down around Coushatta in Red River Parish sometimes.

I wish they had game cameras back when I was about 15. I saw a mountain lion at our lease while I was hunting. That was the eeriest and oddest sight I think I've ever seen in the woods, mostly just because all through my childhood and young adulthood, I had been told by every game warden and wildlife biologist I talked to that there are no mountain lions in our state. Well... they don't know jack! It wasn't too long ago they finally caught one in Natchitoches, LA, and confirmed what I had been trying to tell folks for years. I wish I'd have had a camera with me that day, because about 50% of the folks that I talked to about it didn't believe me or thought I saw a coyote and can't tell the difference between a damn cat and dog

You never know what you will see in the woods.

Jason
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -Amendment II, Constitution of the United States of America
Old September 8, 2011, 10:34 PM   #28
Hog Buster

??? Identified

Just a few minutes ago I identified the ??? in the picture from a few nights ago.

On the porch, while enjoying the cool weather after the tropical storm passed, I spotted it. It is a rare and elusive Ebony Barn Panther. Yep, a black saber-toothed alley cattus out checking my now un-baited traps. Black as coal I watched him slink across the yard. I get pictures of cats somewhat regularly, but always there’s a head, tail, ear or something that is recognizable, just not this time. So the mystery is solved.
Old September 11, 2011, 12:25 PM   #29
BigBadPigg

I was about to say^ i blew it up on my iPhone and it looks like a black house cat lookin at the camera
Old September 11, 2011, 12:54 PM   #30
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Anything from a .177 steel ball on up to a .50BMG will serve well for field lion eradication!

Brent
Old September 12, 2011, 12:54 PM   #31
rickyrick

Quote:
......a .50BMG will serve well for field lion eradication!
LOL, I Always wondered where potted meat came from.......Turns out it might be Feline Based Meat Product.LOL
Old September 12, 2011, 07:35 PM   #32
Jason_G

Quote:
??? Identified
Just a few minutes ago I identified the ??? in the picture from a few nights ago.

On the porch, while enjoying the cool weather after the tropical storm passed, I spotted it. It is a rare and elusive Ebony Barn Panther. Yep, a black saber-toothed alley cattus out checking my now un-baited traps. Black as coal I watched him slink across the yard. I get pictures of cats somewhat regularly, but always there’s a head, tail, ear or something that is recognizable, just not this time. So the mystery is solved.
I guess I can see it now that you said it, but I'd not have guessed that from that picture.

I think BIG P wins the prize! LOL. A free JPEG of a housecat!

Jason
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -Amendment II, Constitution of the United States of America
Old September 13, 2011, 09:25 PM   #33
Win73

How is this for a close up of a deer?

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old September 13, 2011, 09:50 PM   #34
Win73

Supper time!

This picture isn't funny or strange, but I think it is neat.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Last edited by Win73; September 13, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old September 13, 2011, 09:55 PM   #35
egor20

Supper time!

BAMBI!!!!!!

My wife won't hunt does, I blame Walt

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old September 14, 2011, 07:03 AM   #36
rickyrick

brrr! that thing says 11f
Old September 14, 2011, 02:33 PM   #37
jhog1

Quote:
Anybody else ever get a picture of one of these?
Like this ?

Pic's from the Roadkill Cafe

Old September 14, 2011, 04:26 PM   #38
rickyrick

the circle of life
Old September 14, 2011, 05:34 PM   #39
Win73

Fighting does

I understand this is how does fight. Looks like the one on the left might be overmatched.