The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 1, 2020, 03:30 PM   #1
arcticap

Hodgdon Buys Blackhorn 209 Brand from Western Powders

Hodgdon Powder Company is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Ramshot and Accurate smokeless powder brands
and the Blackhorn 209 muzzleloader brand from Western Powders.
This acquisition is effective October 1, 2020, with the company set to immediately begin shipping these new products to wholesale and retail customers. --->>> https://www.internationalsportsman.c...blackhorn-209/
Old October 1, 2020, 08:19 PM   #2
stagpanther

Geez--not much left for western after that. I use lots of ramshot, BH209 and accurate--hope nothing changes in formulations. Wonder when someone will start making primers again??
Old October 1, 2020, 09:12 PM   #3
eastbank

i hope the price comes down some on BH-209. i,m sure more would sell.
Old October 4, 2020, 07:30 AM   #4
44caliberkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagpanther View Post
Geez--not much left for western after that. I use lots of ramshot, BH209 and accurate--hope nothing changes in formulations. Wonder when someone will start making primers again??
I'm sure everyone who makes primers is cranking them out. I'm just guessing that most of the production is going to military/ govt contracts. I got an email yesterday that I could get guaranteed delivery of 9mm 115 FMJ by Feb. 2021, and it was still $40 a box! I could have bought some at the gun show for that Saturday. Glad to be in a position that I don't need anything.
Old October 4, 2020, 12:30 PM   #5
Centurion

40 bucks for a box of 50 9mm? Wooow
Old October 4, 2020, 01:34 PM   #6
stagpanther

Quote:
I'm just guessing that most of the production is going to military/ govt contracts.
I don't know about you, but in all the years I've been shooting I've never seen a shortage in primers in general--and certainly not one in which all primers were unavailable like now!