The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 29, 2019, 07:22 AM   #76
FITASC

What is the purpose of the black hook-like device on he Vedder?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 29, 2019, 09:23 AM   #77
Sharkbite

Quote:
What is the purpose of the black hook-like device on he Vedder?
A lot of newer kydex IWB’s are coming with a similar attachment. It is designed to push the butt of the gun tighter to the body for added concealment
Old March 29, 2019, 12:12 PM   #78
FITASC

Thanks for the education!
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 29, 2019, 03:33 PM   #79
cw308

I also went with the Vedder light tuck for appendix carry . I carry a Colt New Agent in 45acp . Very comfortable and safe way to carry . I also have a custom holster leather by R Grizzle for a 4 o'clock carry , both work great but the position you carry depends on what circumstances your carrying for .
PS
That black hook is a add on . You don't need it unless you carry a full size for better concealment .

Last edited by cw308; March 29, 2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old April 15, 2019, 08:35 PM   #80
Auto5

this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c6b5689bec1750c1aa594d43101dc806.jpg (54.7 KB, 59 views)
Old April 15, 2019, 09:23 PM   #81
Ridgerunner665

That picture perfectly illustrates why revolvers fit better at appendix.

Beavertails just don't work.
Old April 17, 2019, 04:58 PM   #82
gwpercle

Carry where ever , how ever it is comfortable.

It doesn't much matter...anytime you have a gun down your pants and trigger off a shot....
It's going to hit something tender and hurt...best option is remove the gun from pants before pulling trigger ,
Old April 19, 2019, 02:21 PM   #83
doofus47

I've been looking at my IWB N82 (nate squared) to the 2 o'clock it has a full cover over the trigger. The pro is that is is tight to my body and hides pretty well with my PPS single stack. The con is that the twist to release from the holster is towards my body so the 8 round magazine has potential to snag on extraction.
Old April 22, 2019, 04:03 AM   #84
Snuffy308

AIWB always. Quicker presentation and for security reasons. image.jpegThis is a Kay-Bar TDI law enforcement knife. For lack of better words it is a weapon retention tool. Say someone grabs your gun in a struggle you lock their hand to the holstered gun which is right in front of you. The Kay-Bar is carried weak side and is meant to be drawn by weak hand. It can be used to slash forearm of assailant which is locked to the holstered gun by your strong hand. If that doesn't work knife can be targeted at more vital areas such as neck and face. Assailant will lose all interest in acquiring your firearm. No one gets shot only serious lacerations.
Old May 11, 2019, 08:26 AM   #85
OhioGuy

If I know I'm going to be seated for a very long time, I'll sometimes switch from AIWB to 4:00 carry, though it's not my preference. Recently I was driving and had it at 4:00, got out for a quick stop in a gas station. Someone who was kind of squeezing past me in an aisle -- for whatever reason -- put their hand I my hip to push past, directly on the thing that's supposed to remain concealed.

Surprised me -- wasn't expecting it -- showed no reaction and kept walking, but it did remind me of another reason why I prefer AIWB. It's much easier to protect, and to keep people from pushing against.
Old May 12, 2019, 07:18 AM   #86
agtman

Quote:
* * * It doesn't much matter...anytime you have a gun down your pants and trigger off a shot ... It's going to hit something tender and hurt...best option is remove the gun from pants before pulling trigger.
Always good advice, but if there's a preferred location for an ND while carrying, .. remember that whereas 4 o'clock carry is merely uncomfortable, carrying at 'junk-point' can result in the immediate 'loss-age of sausage' and related attachments in proximity thereto.

Word to the wise.