The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 17, 2019, 12:21 PM   #1
Mastrogiacomo

Sig trigger work?

Hi folks,

I have a Sig 228 and Sig 2022. I'm just looking for someone to install sights that I'll be supplying for the guns and a basic trigger job. Some of the smiths I've been looking at have been pricey and a little over the top. Any recommendations for a good smith and that give me a good trigger and install my sights at a decent price? Thank you.
Old May 17, 2019, 01:59 PM   #2
Jim Watson

Sigarms will do elementary trigger tuning at a lower cost than an independent gunsmith like Bruce Gray or Robert Burke.
https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/

I don't know if they will install your sights, although they will cheerfully sell you a set installed there. But that is a straightforward job that a knowledgeable local gunsmith could handle. Maybe somebody here could recommend a shop in the Boston area. If not, it would not cost much to send out just the slide without the restrictions and ripoffs involved in shipping the whole gun.