The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 6, 2009, 10:26 PM   #1
amprecon

Ok, Tell Me About C-More Sights

I've done a search on C-More sights but haven't found much information here or on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with these red dot sights? I've seen them on the FN P90's before and they look compact and durable and apparently come in various dot sizes. So if anyone has any info or experience with these please......tell all.
Old December 13, 2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Scratch4x4

I have yet to own one, i plan on odering one with my income tax this year, but ive done some research on forums and such. Apparently, lots of people had serious problems with the Polymer versions, but anyone who owned one in an aluminum body compares the structural integrity to EOTechs. They have been used on large pistol calibers for years so rest assured they can take the hammering of high volume firing. If your talking about the C-More for an AR rifle, the ATAC aluminum body seems to be a GRAET option, its the one im looking at buying soon for my rifle. It comes with the flip up rear backup sight as part of the assembly to take full advantage of your flat top upper. Ive read lots of peoples comments, good and bad, and the bad ones seem to be from people with little or no actual experience with them. What gun are you wanting to mount it on? theres only 3 for rifles i believe, and numerous versions for pistols. From everything ive heard, you shouldnt be let down if you get one. Hope this helps.

"If it left a scar, it was worth it!"
Old December 13, 2009, 04:52 AM   #3
comn-cents

I love mine. Have it on an AR. Many of the top handgun competitors use them on the pistols & revolvers. I have not had a problem with mine at all. I figure if they can use what ever red dot they want and they use c-more's they must be durable. I want another.
Old December 13, 2009, 01:59 PM   #4
amprecon

I plan to put it on the Ultimak rail on my SLR-95 if I ever get one. With all the recent Red Dot craze going on you would figure you'd hear alot more about them if they were a quality optic.
I have an Aimpoint on it now but would transfer that to my 6.8spc rifle whenever I get one (Robarms XCR).
Is there ever much washout with the C-More sights?
Old December 13, 2009, 04:17 PM   #5
comn-cents

I haven't experienced washout. Took my AR to a summer rifle class and never had a problem.