The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 2, 2006, 12:51 PM   #1
gandog56

400 Cor-Bon Loads

Anybody got a good .400 Cor-Bon load? So far the only one I have tried is 8.3 grains of Unique over a 155 grain round nose bullet. And the round nose was pretty hard to find in a 40 cal.
Old June 3, 2006, 09:17 PM   #2
gandog56

You telling me I'm the only one shooting .400 Cor-Bons in this forum? Or am I just the only one reloading it?
Old June 4, 2006, 03:08 AM   #3
Sport45

I bought a barrel, tried a few rounds and then put the .45acp barrel back in my Springfield Mil-spec. Wasn't impressed. I don't have any data with me, but I think I used Montana Gold JHP's. I used data from the Cor-Bon site, but read somewhere you can use 10mm data and start 10% down.

Look at the load data under "Products" at corbon.com. Or do a Google search for ".400 Cor-bon reloading". There's quite a bit of information out there.

Here's one site M. D. Smith's Reloading Pages
Old June 4, 2006, 03:34 PM   #4
gandog56

I swap the barrels left and right. The nicest thing is I am doing it on a Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI with Crimson Trace Laser grips. The point of impact is the exact same for either the .45 barrel or the .400 Cor-Bon barrel. But for some reason I am getting many failure to ejects using my Unique loading. The empty case does not get free from the extractor and does not eject. It's not stove piping, and I have absolutely no problems with the .45 barrel. I was wondering if I need either a heavier or a lighter recoil spring with the Cor-Bons.