The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 5, 2011, 09:34 PM   #26
mnero

That makes sense to me. I did not mean it as necessarily sequential, but rather in order of priorities. But I think we basically agree here; accept perhaps in when to resist, but that must be decided by the individual facing the threat. Of course if he is facing you and you are armed, then an immediate frontal assualt is probably best; as I pointed out in my first post:

"If a mugger is foolish enough to be facing you and you are armed, then a decisive action is probably your best bet"
Old May 6, 2011, 06:37 AM   #27
threegun

Hopefully our Situational Awareness allows us to sniff out and avoid everything. Then if that fails hopefully it gave us enough time to formulate a response.

If you are behind in the reactionary curve you should only resist if you believe that death will result if you do nothing. Being held at gunpoint produces some very low odds of survival if you resist. So only resist if death was coming anyway. Anyway thats my take on it.