The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 23, 2007, 06:46 PM   #1
vettett15

Range Trip

Hey guys, went to the range, Shoot Straight in Apopka, with some buddies today. Wanted to try out my Ruger P95 after getting the new extractor in it, the right side decocker was coming out, and it works great now. We were shooting; Ruger p95, walther .380, beretta 96 brigadier, ar-15 and the new S&W 940 revolver which is a 12oz .357 magnum 5 shot. Put a 100 rounds through the P95 and it ate them no problem except for the snap caps I snuck in when my buddies were shooting it. My groups are starting to get better with the p95, being patient since this is my second time shooting in general. I didn't fair too good with the ar-15 at 25yds with iron sights, we were using printed out targets, the ones with four targets on each sheet. The s&w revolver is pretty insane with a .357 magnum shot in it, very little to grip onto. The Walther shot nice as well, but the slide wouldn't stay open when the magazine was emptied, not sure if it was the magazine or what. Shoot Straight in Apopka is a nice range too, recommend it to anyone thinking of stopping by.
Old April 24, 2007, 05:53 AM   #2
NCHornet

Glad you had a good time. Keep going it just gets better.