The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 19, 2016, 12:37 PM   #1
nomad636

Franklin Armory Customer Service FAIL

I posted a while back about a friend of mine ordering a firearm and it being shipped to his house and not his FFL. The firearm he recieved was not the one he had ordered. It had a different Fire Control Group than the one he had ordered. He promptly sent the AR back to Franklin Armory and placed a call informing them of both the wrong FCG on the rifle and that it had been sent to his house and not his FFL.

Franklin Armory apologized profousley and said they would take care of it. Fast forward.... the firearm was delivered a month later to his FFL. It still had the wrong FCG. My friend rejected the firearm and sent it back to Franklin Armory, meanwhile placing a call to let them know why it was being returned.

Fast forward another 3 weeks. Franklin Armory has yet to make contact with my friend and update him as to the status of the rifle. He initially placed the order on Dec. 29th 2015 and has yet to receive what he ordered.

I placed a call to Franklin and spoke with the person handling his order, and asked them what was going on (as I had made the recommendation that he buy from them). The person I spoke with was nice enough on the phone, but had no clue as to the status of the firearm and where it was in the process. I asked him if they had received it, after it has been sent back by the FFL. The man could not answer me. The only excuse he could make was that they are busy.

I would like to warn other potential customers about the difficulties that my friend has had. Here we are 2 months after he placed the initial order and he has yet to receive his firearm. Customer Service goes a long way... and Franklin needs to step up to the plate to make this right for him.

Will keep you guys updated.

Unless of course.... you can end him from a further distance.
Old February 19, 2016, 12:52 PM   #2
peggysue

FA was questionable 30 years ago. Good to see they have not improved.
Old February 19, 2016, 11:06 PM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
I placed a call to Franklin and spoke with the person handling his order, and asked them what was going on (as I had made the recommendation that he buy from them). The person I spoke with was nice enough on the phone, but had no clue as to the status of the firearm and where it was in the process. I asked him if they had received it, after it has been sent back by the FFL. The man could not answer me. The only excuse he could make was that they are busy.
Why were they talking to you about his order.
Old February 19, 2016, 11:11 PM   #4
HiBC

Too vague to take serious.
Old February 20, 2016, 02:06 AM   #5
JimmyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwilliamson062

Why were they talking to you about his order.
This.

Sorry, but if was working with a company, and somebody called asking about someone else's order, I would give as little information as possible without being rude. Your friend should be calling, not you.
Originally Posted by 45Gunner View Post
JimmyR nailed it.

Tags
ar15 , bfs , franklin armory , trigger