The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 16, 2011, 01:20 PM   #76
Vermonter

Here is what I would have done

A few options (said in jest please don't freak)

A. Ever seen a pickup fly? I think I would have pounded the gas so hard that I jumped the whole scene.

B. I would have waited till there was a line of em and shot once hoping for a pass through

C. Switch to hand grenades? I guess I'm going to have to start towing my trailer to bring along all the tactical stuff I will need in a given day.

D. Not said in jest.......I WOULD DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID EXCEPT I WOULD CALL THE POLICE. I don't understand your aversion to LEO's then again I did not have the experience you did in Alaska. Frankly that situation sounds more suited for a QRT or Swat.

The LEO's of the world are there for a reason and guys like the ones who posted previously here are to be respected and commended.

Kind Regards, Vermonter
Old September 16, 2011, 04:02 PM   #77
m&p45acp10+1

Rule numero uno

Your personal safty comes first.

It is imposible to do anyone any good if you become another victim. All you have done is create another victim.

I as a firefigher have actualy had situations where we arrived before law enforcement, and waited a safe distance away until they cleared the scene. If I had rode though a situatoin like the OP described I would have driven a safe distance away, and called 911. I can assure you the dispatcher you talk to will advise you not to return to the scene.