Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 27, 2007, 03:35 PM   #26
hpg

Benchmade 95% of the time.........hpg
Old January 27, 2007, 03:42 PM   #27
IZHUMINTER

Quote:
Benchmade "Infidel"
That's a really sweet knife. When I went to the Benchmade booth at last year's AUSA show, it was the one knife that was never on the table (though it probably helped that they only had one for us to play with ).
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old January 27, 2007, 04:37 PM   #28
mgdavis

SOG Spec-Elite II. It has the smoothest lock I've ever used. I have a Pentagon-Elite II also, but it hasn't seen much pocket time recently. I much prefer the more traditional blade on the Spec-Elite. I also rather like my Spyderco Endura.
Old January 27, 2007, 05:44 PM   #29
Bill DeShivs

I carry a SOG Flash 1. Mine has been converted to auto, but if that were a problem I would still carry an unconverted one. It's small, inexpensive, and has good steel. I have ummm.... quite a few knives to choose from, so this is a heavy endorsement from me.
Bill
Old January 27, 2007, 06:41 PM   #30
dairycreek

Spyderco Police!

GOOD SHOOTING
Old January 27, 2007, 06:48 PM   #31
Charles S

Quote:
Spyderco Police!
Really cool knife. I have always wanted one, I have just never got around to getting one. I guess the Military just keeps me happy.
Old January 27, 2007, 07:04 PM   #32
buck460XVR

for over 25 years I have carried the same knife in my pocket. A Buck Cadet. At only 3 1/4 inches long it fits well into my pocket and altho many think it's too small, I've used it for everything from sharpening my pencils at work to skinnin' deer in the garage. It is the only blade I use while skinning deer including removing the legs. Its been sharpened so many times that the blades look a little funny, but most of the time all it needs to bring it back to a near razor edge is a few strokes on a good steel. It was lost once for over a year and I tried several different knives during that time to replace it, but when I found it laying in the middle of the front yard where it had fallen out of my pocket during a football game with my son a year before, the others were quickly put away and my "lucky knife" went back in my pocket.

Check em out........Buck Cadet
Old January 27, 2007, 11:23 PM   #33
stuckon308

I carry a Winchester folding knife that my brother got me for Christmas. I wouldn't want anything else for a pocket knife.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G7173.JPG (4.5 KB, 58 views)
Old January 27, 2007, 11:53 PM   #34
bennnn

Not exactly my Grandpa's pocket knife, but it's what I carry at work and play everyday....
Old January 28, 2007, 12:16 AM   #35
omnibus1967

in folders i carry a spyderco endura or a delica, depending on my mood.

in fixed, i carry a Gene Ingram with a 3" blade. Gene makes some awesome knives for a very reasonable cost.
Old January 28, 2007, 12:29 AM   #36
Abby

Benchmade auto stryker.

Thank you, US Army, for buying it for me.

Thank you, State of Florida, for not minding that I carry it around.

Last edited by Abby; January 28, 2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old January 28, 2007, 12:55 AM   #37
NINE

Buck Tempest ATS-34.

Old January 28, 2007, 01:15 AM   #38
stuckon308

Hey NINE what do you think of the assisted opening on your knife? And also where are you in Manitoba?
Old January 28, 2007, 02:03 AM   #39
NINE

Got it at SIR. The assisted opening is awesome. Had it for over a year, still smooth as silk.

Last edited by NINE; January 28, 2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old January 28, 2007, 06:02 AM   #40
RedneckFur

I carry the next smaller version of yours as my every day knife, NINE. I've also had mine more than a year, and it still opens well.

I like the looks of that Tempest ATS-34. got a little beefier blade on 'er. I'm going to look into finding one myself.
Old January 28, 2007, 02:26 PM   #41
sm

http://www.vintageknives.com/tek9.as...ific=jmqrgmorq
Old January 28, 2007, 06:46 PM   #42
skeeter1

Quote:
On duty though, my knife has to be a little more defense oriented, so I've opted for a Cold Steel Ti Lite. A bit pricey, but it's incredibly tough, and incredibly sharp.
Capt. Charlie-- I'll take your word for it, but they're out of my price range. I looked them up, and $250 is certainly not cheap. I thought I was being a bit extravagant getting my Italian Stilleto at $80. I've got enough knives, so I doubt I'll be buying any more. Besides, I can always pull out the whomping-big meat cleaver!
Old January 28, 2007, 09:16 PM   #43
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I'll take your word for it, but they're out of my price range. I looked them up, and $250 is certainly not cheap.
Look further down the page. The Ti-Lites with the Zytel handles are considerably cheaper, and after comparing them side-by-side, I couldn't see any real advantage to titanium, especially with an almost $200. difference in price tags. At the time though, both models used AUS-8A stainless, and I just noted that they've changed the actual titanium model's blade to VG-1 stainless.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old January 28, 2007, 09:41 PM   #44
rem33

Buck 3 blade stockman. I keep 2 blades razor sharp and the third sharp but the edge on a much steeper angle so it doesn't dull as easy. If I need to strip a wire, cut cardboard, or heaver duty type of work I use that blade if I need a very sharp blade I have two others

Bucks customer service has over the years been as good as any company I have ever delt with.
Old January 29, 2007, 04:47 AM   #45
FS2K

I used to be an "El Cheapo" kinda guy.

And the price of good knives being as high as they are, I used to think "well, for that price I can get 10 of these cheap ones." The thing is, Chinese knock-offs and Swap Meet specials really don't last all that long, and quality knives do hold their edges better as well as offer more tensil strength.

When you stop thinking of your carry gun and/or knife as show pieces and start to think of them in terms of them being tools it's allot easier to justify getting a quality knife for everyday carry. Don't get me wrong, they WILL get beat up, but it will work for you a lot harder and better and a cheap copy.
Old January 29, 2007, 05:42 AM   #46
mjrodney

A rarely seen in the sunshine Columbia River Knife and Tool M16 series rides the edge of my pocket, but lying directly below it is the indispensible Swiss Army Tinker series.

Three days out of five, that Swiss Army Tinker is out and doing something.
Old January 29, 2007, 10:24 AM   #47
marlboroman84

Gerber Fast Draw. Almost a switchblade, but legally not! Great little pocket folder.
Old January 29, 2007, 10:47 AM   #48
Crimp

Buck 505 in the pocket. Buck 110 in the woods.
Old January 29, 2007, 12:10 PM   #49
Xanith

Spyderco Delica
Old January 29, 2007, 12:29 PM   #50
Ranger325

+1 Spyderco Kiwi..................

Regards,