The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 13, 2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Firepower!

A set of Broomhandles

Hi
Here is a set of my broomhandles (the one at the bottom is select fire):

Close ups of the select fire mauser from both sides:

I specifically wanted to share the select fire Mauser with you guys because this particular one is very rare in Pakistan. Most of the select fire ones we find here are 20 shot detachable magazine fed. This one is, however, 10 shot clip fed like the semi, but in select fire. It is unfortunate that I dont have quality stocks from them, but I am looking.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:54 PM   #2
flight954

Man Firepower, I need to plan a trip to Pakistan so I can help you air out some of your toys
Old May 13, 2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Jim Watson

I do not think the select fire pistol is a true Mauser.
The MM31 marking is one designation for a Beistegui Hermanos "Royal" made in Spain during the 1930s. The Spanish select fire guns from Beistegui and Uniceta actually predated the Mauser 712 Schnellfeur.

Read at:
http://www.1896mauser.com/beistegui.htm
Old May 13, 2010, 05:28 PM   #4
Firepower!

Good info. What does it mean in terms of value and rarity in international market? I have to confess that I dont have much knowledge about broomhandles. I am looking for a 20 shot one as well though.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:37 PM   #5
SigP6Carry

Holy good lord in heaven, I think I just had a heart attack looking at those... I am truly jealous.
Old May 13, 2010, 08:36 PM   #6
dla888

Beautiful guns! They have that look, the I Work All The Time So I Am Used Frequently look.
Old May 14, 2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Firepower!

I read through the article link Jim Watson posted. It shows that MM31 is quite rare in 10 shot select fire. However, can someone tell me what is its value?
Old May 15, 2010, 05:03 PM   #8
B. Lahey

Wow, those are nice.

The MM31 looks like it may have some faint script by the selector. Any idea what it says? (if it says anything, could just be scratches/wear/machining marks that caught the light strangely)
Old May 15, 2010, 05:23 PM   #9
Firepower!

The only thing it says near the selector switch is N at one end and R at the other.
Old May 15, 2010, 05:28 PM   #10
B. Lahey

Guess it's machining remnants or something then. Still a very interesting pistol.
Old May 15, 2010, 05:34 PM   #11
Firepower!

Do you have any idea what would something like this be for in the US?
Old May 16, 2010, 09:51 PM   #12
GeorgeF

Well, thats a nice Royal you have. I dont believe there are many in the USA. From what I know, there are probably less than 20 registered Mauser Schnellfeuers in the USA - ones in good condition run about $10k to $15k.

Now, the 'copies' are a different story entirely (cant really say copies since the Spanish companies produced the select fire versions before Mauser did). I have not seen many if any Astras or Royals offered for sale in the USA - I myself have a Astra slect fire and a few parts kits (including some Royals). What I do not know is if the Mauser has a higher value or if the Royal does. I would estimate in 'good' condition like you have, probably in the $10-$12k range.

Remember, thats for a registered version - I'm sure you are aware that there is no way a machine gun can be brought into the USA post 1986.

You can get decent stocks for the Mauser for sub $300. MIght be a bit more to get one cut for select-fire switch.

Tags
7.63 mauser , broomhandle , mauser , select fire mauser