The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 3, 2023, 11:42 PM   #1
bamaranger

Ameriglo "tall" suppressor sights

Anybody running the black / black Ameriglo suppressor sights? Viewed a pair on a buddy's G19 clone and they seemed a big improvement over standard Glock factory sights. Narrow front blade and lots of daylight in the rear notch.

Might seem a bit odd on my early G17 with no MOS but again, more visible to me. Seems like they come in one height.......do you think they might shoot to point of aim regardless? Only one way to find out....buy and shoot, but I'm doing some searching first.

Who has used some?
Old June 3, 2023, 11:44 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Ameriglo "tall" suppressor sights

I have and have had a bunch of them because of all the red dot pistols I have. I have been happy with them. You can get them as all black, black rear with a colored surround on the front, with and without tritium, and in a number of heights, too, from L to 9XL. They should hit to point of aim. The height differences are to clear optic bodies and suppressors of different heights. Do make sure to get one that is listed for your model number and cartridge.

https://ameriglo.com/products/optics...ble-sight-sets

Last edited by TunnelRat; June 3, 2023 at 11:49 PM.
Old June 4, 2023, 10:29 PM   #3
bamaranger

research

I'm still researching this whole business.........there are a lot of options. Also considering Sivigny's and another set sold by Warren Tactical
Old June 5, 2023, 08:04 AM   #4
Jim Watson

My departed G17 had the Warren brand Sevigny competition sights. Not real tall but decent visibility.

Dawson would be a good place to shop.
They have the Perfect Zero policy; if you buy a set of sights for your make, model, and caliber and it does not shoot to zero, they will replace the front blade with one of a corrected height.
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...xed-sight-set/

Shows fiber optic but you can select black rear or both black.

Last edited by Jim Watson; June 5, 2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old June 5, 2023, 09:10 AM   #5
FrankenMauser

My only experience with them was with a dot that co-witnessed.
Looked decent, felt solid, worked fine.

Seemed tall enough for most cans, but I didn't shoot it suppressed.
Old June 8, 2023, 12:52 AM   #6
bamaranger

width

I won't be running a suppressor, but the tall sights and narrow .115" blade were attractive and easy for me to see. The world is full of aftermarket sights for Glocks......I am going to do some more reading.
Old June 9, 2023, 10:17 AM   #7
Fishbed77

Haven’t run the black/black sights, but have the suppressor-height Ameriglo night sights on several pistols (as both primary sights and back-ups to a red dot) and have been pleased with them.
Old June 15, 2023, 12:14 PM   #8
gglass

I installed a set of Ameriglo GL-429 XL sights (Glock compatible) on my Walther PDP 4.5" full size, and I really like them. They offer a great lower 1/3 co-witness to the Ameriglow Maven red dot. Even if I didn't have a red dot mounted, I would still highly recommend them as an option for affordable, but quality iron sights.
Old June 28, 2023, 10:20 AM   #9
smee78

I have used a few sets of these sights and have been happy with their performance.