The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 29, 2000, 08:51 PM   #1
posigian

I recently read somewhere that it was NOT safe to reload Fiocchi brass. Is this true?

I have not started reloading yet because I need to get my bench together and I have been waiting for hunting season to end. I have been using Fiocchi 38s in my 686+ along with some 357 so all of my brass is from that company.

I needed to check into this before I get started in reloading as to minimize problems.

So has anyone heard anything about Fiocchi brass I might need to know about before I get started?

Thank you to everyone in advance,

Old November 29, 2000, 08:55 PM   #2
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

Hello. I've been reloading it in .45ACP and 9mm for years with no problems whatsoever. Best.
Old November 29, 2000, 08:56 PM   #3
johnwill

Shhhhh! Don't tell my Dillon that, it's loaded tons of their .45ACP brass without a problem. I'm curious as to who told you it was unsafe to reload Fiocchi brass, because they're dead wrong.
Old November 30, 2000, 12:10 AM   #4
Kenneth L. Walters

Years ago Fiocchi bought out a small company that made, well, rather odd ammunition. Why they did that I don't know. I do know that they incorporated this stuff into their line and called it their speciality ammunition. Much of this stuff is unique and if you really need it they are about the only possible source. I've used quite a few of these odd ball cartridges because I use to be very interested in, well, odd ball guns. Some, however, is not all it might have been. As I recall the brass in their 8mm Lebel revolver rounds leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe that is where this idea came from. Still there is nothing to it.
Old December 1, 2000, 11:12 AM   #5
tawakoni

Fiocchi Brass

Once or twice a week for about 6 months now, I have been shooting my .45ACP reloads next to my good friend who shoots new Fiocchi .45s. My Dillon and I are thankful he does not reload. At the end of the session we sweep up and all of the range brass goes home with me. Once-fired Fiocchi brass is by far the cleanest I have ever seen.
Old December 1, 2000, 06:02 PM   #6
viper45

the only real bad 45 brass I've found is PMC, it requires 3x the force of my bulk bought $200 for 10K rem. nickle +p brass (yes it was new, no you cant have any ), 2x the force of federal brass, and I still can't crimp it enough to get it in my Glock 30 without collapsing cases. I have a few fiocchi in the pile, and they are as good as or better than the federal, I still like the nickle tho....I hardly ever have to clean them, and they last just as long.
Old December 1, 2000, 08:37 PM   #7
WESHOOT2

No.
Best 45 case is from IMI.