The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old November 7, 2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Gary Slider

New Mexico Adds NE & KS. WI Update on Training + More

New Mexico has Added Nebraska and Kansas as states they will honor. NM has also put up a new website with more information especially telling why they will not honor certain states.
They state they are also working on other states to get signed agreements. You can see their new website Here: http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/concealedcarry-weapons/
They also state this on their website. Start: (New Mexicans traveling to the following states should know these states require written reciprocity agreements before NM permits are recognized: Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, West Virginia (in process), and Wisconsin. Invitations have been sent and New Mexico is waiting on responses.) End. So it looks like NM has finally picked up the ball and is running with it.

I have emails into Montana, Wyoming, Colorado & Georgia asking them if they are going to list Wisconsin as states they honor. Montana will honor any state that runs a background check like Wisconsin. Colorado Wyoming & Georgia will honor anyone who honors theirs. So CO, MT & WY should add WI in the coming days or weeks. Georgia is really slow at adding states on their list. I have seen them take almost 2 years to list a state in the past. They still have not listed North Dakota and ND is reporting they have talked to them and they will honor the ND Permit/License. That happened in March 2010. They have also been very slow or not even answering the majority of my emails to them in the past. I don’t see them changing their approach to listing states they honor.

In Wisconsin the training requirements and Info the Training Certificate must contain has been changed. The 4 hour minimum for training has been removed. This new info has been posted on the WI page at www.handgunlaw.us or you can see the new Emergency Rule Here: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/file...s-20111107.pdf Wisconsin has also passed and the Governor has signed a Castle Doctrine Law.

As I mentioned before on 12/1/11 NC will honor all other states Permit/Licenses to Carry. NC already honors 34 other states but all additions in who a state honors is welcome.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.