The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 22, 2000, 09:15 PM   #1
SW 586

About 10 yrs. ago I bought a mod. 48/AL semi-auto, new, for $250. Over the past few months, I have seen more than one of these for sale in the classifieds of my local newspaper at an asking price of $400-$450...USED!
Now granted, it is a sweet shooting little gun, easy on the eyes, and a joy to carry in the field (extremely light). But are these guys overly proud of their shootin' irons or has the value of this gun increased that much?
I just can't see it. Appreciate your input.
Old December 22, 2000, 10:08 PM   #2
Bam Bam

Do you have a way to check the price, new? From my own limited experience the Franchi is the most sweet-shooting 20 ga around. Surf GunsAmerica or GunBroker to get a better idea of market prices.
Old December 24, 2000, 09:07 AM   #3
mcshot

Franchi

The one I had functioned fine but shot very low and I'm one that likes to see at least part of his target (clays) when shooting. Rather than have the barrel bent it went down the road to a guy who likes to cover his targets.