The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 5, 2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Rob Pincus

Kleinguenther (No, really)

Obviously, this fancy-schmancy beast is not mine.

But, this is the chance that you have been waiting for to really impress me.

I need to know where I can find a replacement stock for one of these things. It appears to be a completely proprietary reciever with lots of extra metal that serves only to be a place to put fancy scrollwork.
The barrel is a stainless job with what must have been seen as an "ahead of its time" muzzle break or was added . It is German manufacture "Voere Voehrenbach."

The little bit of research that I was able to do revealed that the rifle was apparently machined in Germany under the Voere Voehrenbach name and then imported and sold in the USA under the Kleinguenther brand. This model is a K-15, which apparently covered all the stainless models, with K-14 being the blued version.
I tried calling the 2 listed numbers for KG in Sequin, TX but I got no answer and no message on one of them and the other was disconnected.
There is a business called "Murray's Guns" that offers a "Kleinguenther Ballistic Brake" as part of their gunsmithing package.

Markings as follows:
On reciever: Serial number 8522XX
Kleinguenther, Seguin/TX

On Bolt: (hand etched) 2XX (matches last three of the Serial #)

On Barrel: MODEL K15
CAL 7MM REM. MAG.
Voere Voehrenbach Made in Germany

That's it.
My friend really needs a new stock.

Thanks.
Old September 5, 2002, 06:04 PM   #2
C.R.Sam

You already have the only thing I could find in the U.S....Sequin TX.
Kleinguenther Firearms
1604 N. Heideke St.
P.O. Box 2020
Seguin, TX 78155
830-372-5050 HOPE THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS

Voere (German) was absorbed by Mauser Werke around 1986.

If all else fails, try goin to Mauser for info.

Note....there is also a Voere in Austria....not the same outfit.

Sam
Old September 6, 2002, 08:45 AM   #3
Rob Pincus

That's the disconnected number... But thanks for trying.
Old October 13, 2002, 08:09 PM   #4
robear

I have a Kleinguenther recoil brake on my A-Bolt.. However, it was installed in the mid to late '80s.. The work was done in Brownsville, Texas, in "Chuck's Gun Shop" Chuck might be able to give you a better contact over at Kleinguenther.. A yellow pages search gives his number as: (956) 504-0243..

Also, another search I did came up with this gem: http://talk.shooters.com/room_10/Jul072001.cfm

The post at the top was written by Double D, who purports to have worked for KDF.. (Kleinguenther Diversified Firearms) I bet a reply to him would get you somewhere..

I hope this helps.. Good luck..

-R
"There is no doubt that the very thought a potential victim might possess a firearm deters that element of our society that cares nothing about laws or human life but rather understands only one thing — brute force" --Hamilton County (OH) Judge Robert Ruehlman, Jan '02