The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 24, 2002, 08:12 PM   #1
Noban

Thief Alert!

Sent money orders for a shotgun. Seller claims he never received them. They turn up deposited in his own account, and I have copies of the processed money orders. Shotgun never sent. All of this is with the ATF, FBI, USPS and Tuscaloosa AL police. I would have called the Pope but he's busy with the child molestation thing.

This guys name is Andrew Taylor and he is in Tuscaloos AL. Avoid like cheap wine.

Noban
Old April 24, 2002, 08:33 PM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Are you going to get your money back or get the shotgun?

What's your plan?
Old April 24, 2002, 08:39 PM   #3
blades67

Get a lawyer, the alphabet soup gang won't do anything for months, if they do anything at all.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old April 24, 2002, 09:32 PM   #4
Noban

George - My best bet right now is to try to get my money. I seriously doubt if the shotgun actually exists. I'm putting most of my hope with the USPS for mail fraud, although the Tuscaloosa PD has an existing file on this guy and plans on making a visit shortly.

Postal money orders are not failsafe as teh USPS woudl have you believe. In my case, since the person I actually sent them to cashed them, I can't get an immediate refund for theft. I now have to endure a lengthy investigation for mail fraud which could take forever and I may never get refunded.

Noban
Old April 24, 2002, 09:43 PM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

Of all the agencies, the Postal Inspectors should carry this ball. I think the Pope is a little busy defrocking child molestors right now.
Old April 24, 2002, 11:55 PM   #6
Ledbetter

Zero tolerance for priests who sexually molest children entrusted to them. Good idea. Should have thought of it in the 15th century.
:barf:
Old May 1, 2002, 08:10 PM   #7
sumabich

Was this an auction purchase?

Noban, did you buy it at an on line auction? Where? If so complain to the webmaster, Manny at AA will make sure they don't get a second chance. As far as the "postal inspectors are concerned. I think it depends on the agent, you get the right one and somebody's going down! There are fraud artist everywhere. Keep us posted on progress. Sorry man!
Old May 12, 2002, 05:24 PM   #8
MikeK

This may not be relevant, but my local gun shop owner said that if he gets a bad check it is considered gun theft by the police. Much more serious than a bad check. He's got your money and your gun. Can it be turned around?
Old May 12, 2002, 09:32 PM   #9
UltimaSE

I had something like this happen with a laptop I was looking to buy. Send a usps money order out, never recieved, and seller broke contact. Well I took a look at the map of the area and called the state troopers stations 2 miles away from him. Last I heard he was a resident of the state awaiting trial.

Even smarter was the email he sent to another person he defrauded about shooting anyone who came to his house, I think the state troopers found that information quite useful.

I also contact the usps postmaster regarding this theft. Well like I said this person is now going to trial, and the usps just sent me a letter saying that they just recieved the paperwork, that I had sent off months ago. So the post office definately isn't going to be the fastest turn around.

Might want to get his local authories involved, the Mass. state troopers were very cooperative with me regarding this laptop, I'd would think most other stations would be even more interested in this since it is firearms related. Also if this transaction occured online there is: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

UltimaSE