The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 18, 2007, 10:09 AM   #1
johnbt

Need an English-to-Spanish translation for a new member please

I answered a question for a new member in Harley's forum, but a translation of the quote I posted is needed and I can't do it. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=238390

Thanks,

John

P.S. -

I tried a Google translation on part of Wisner's instructions for determining if the firing pin replacement (there was a recall) has already been done on a Winchester Model 100, but it was useless.

I used Google to do English to Spainish, and then took the results and converted them back to English. Here's what I got:

"The only way to say if the weapon according to the modified thing, if the” letter” is not present, is to take the barrel and the action from the action, acquittal the assembly of the trigger lock and the attempt to rotate the bolt of the firewood twisting it. If broken, then the bolt memory of the firewood has not been made"
Old February 18, 2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Try Babelfish to see if you get any better results: http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old February 18, 2007, 12:52 PM   #3
johnbt

I was hoping a Member would translate the Model 100 instructions on Wisner's site and help out our new Member from Spain. John

babelfish is no better:

"Nevertheless this information of the identification did not obtain communicated to some of the smallest stores in the beginning of the project. The only way to say if the weapon according to the modified thing, if the "letter" is not present, must take the barrel and the action from the action, acquittal the assembly of the trigger lock and the attempt to rotate the bolt of the firewood twisting it. If broken, then the bolt memory of the firewood has not been made."
Old February 18, 2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Stretchman

Why not see if the manual can be had in Spanish? If it is an American company, odds are it can.
Old February 18, 2007, 03:58 PM   #5
Dabelu

There is not a spanish manual for the rifle, I searched for it before. I think that I will be able to send the manual to a friend of mine who is english teacher... will see tomorrow. Thanks for the help ^^ . Americans are nice
Old February 21, 2007, 12:29 PM   #6
rookiex

well ill talk to my wife shes spainish she can get it straighted out for you.If your still interested.
Old March 4, 2007, 08:11 AM   #7
Dabelu

Yes, I still interested, of course ^^ . Thanks to you and your wife .
Old March 4, 2007, 11:43 PM   #8
skeeter1

Have you tried the Google translator?

http://websearch.about.com/gi/dynami...language_tools

I don't know that it's any better than Babelfish, but it's worth a try.
Old March 9, 2007, 04:46 PM   #9
Dabelu

I finally made it! I have a quite good translation in my hands right now, and I disasembled the rifle yesterday. Thank you very much for your time and help. I keep looking in this forum, it's very useful and can learn a lot about weapons
Also, in a couple of days, I will change the firing pin for a good one. Thanks again.