The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 21, 2019, 08:47 PM   #1
stagpanther

CVA Paramount

I just ordered one to replace my well-used (and abused) TC Impact. Anyone tried any other bullets other than their pricey 285 gr aero tips? Sabots with a smaller bullet?
Old August 26, 2019, 01:54 PM   #2
stagpanther

Well, the response has been underwhelming--but to whet your appetite here's what the UPS driver left at my door moments ago. First pass out of the box I can say this build would be what I would expect of a premium prosumer grade centerfire rifle and well packaged EXCEPT FOR ONE THING ()--in a classic "what were they thinking?" the one-piece ramrod comes PACKAGED LOOSE inside the barrel's bore at the muzzle end!! The rod itself shows paint and metal wear where it contacted the bore--I'm afraid to look inside the bore itself. I'm gonna have to call CVA and get enlightened on that piece of package engineering.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CVA2.jpg (139.6 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg cva1.jpg (140.5 KB, 200 views)
Old August 27, 2019, 03:14 PM   #3
stagpanther

After all, how often do you see a smokepole with a 20 MOA base and Nightforce scope?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1967.jpg (112.0 KB, 183 views)