The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 12, 2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Doc Hoy

Deer Creek Products service

I have done business with Deer Creek Products previously and have been happy with the outcome.

BUT

Since before Christmas, I have been trying to get parts for an ASM 1860 Colt with no success and a disappointingly casual attitude.

They closed for the holidays (or at least were not available to answer the phone). I finally got them on Wednesday but the lady who does the orders was not at her desk according to the gentleman who answered the phone. He took my number and told me that the lady would return my call in about ten to fifteen minutes. No one called.

I called the next day (last Thursday) and after redialing several times to get past a busy signal, I finally got her. I gave her a list of the parts I needed whereupon she told me she would have to check with the warehouse for availability and price. She told me she would call back on Monday (two days ago) with the result of her warehouse research. Seems like that data should be available to her but alas it appears not to be the case.

Monday came and went with no return call. I called a coupla times yesterday with no luck because of the constant busy signal. Got through today and the lady could not remember where she wrote my list of parts or my contact information.

I told her I was in a bad way for the parts and asked how long it would take to find out about availability. She told me that the weather had been kind of severe and that I should call her back early in this coming week. In the mean time she promised to look form my parts list. I just checked the weather over the last seven days and there has been an inch of snow over that period in Waldron and temps have been right around freezing. Not the kind of weather one would expect would bring an operation to its knees in central United States.

I would have asked her to speak to her boss but I fear that her boss is also her husband. I would hate for them to mail me a dead fish.

I am afraid they have run me off. I am going to DGW since Deer Creek is the only outlet I know of who will admit that they have any ASM parts.

I know there are a good many folks here who deal with Deer Creek a lot and I am at risk of engendering some animosity among you. I do apologize for that but this is kind of over the top.
Old January 15, 2011, 04:24 AM   #2
arcticap

Last fall, I got a lot of busy signals and no answering of the phone at all for days at a time. I speculated that for some reason Deer Creek had become a part time rather than a full time business.
Maybe there were legitimate reasons for the poor phone service. But I figured that if they weren't answering it was because they were out of the shop.

Last edited by arcticap; January 15, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old January 15, 2011, 06:04 AM   #3
Doc Hoy

Yes...It is disappointing

I have had two good parts experiences with them in which it really seemed like they were enjoying what they were doing.

I don't know anything about the size or staffing of the organization but I am getting a picture of an operation at the end of its life.

I bought parts from DGW for this ASM revolver and I hope they work. But I am still going to call as the lady asked me to do early in the week.