The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old July 9, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
skoal3

Thompson Center Dimension

Just bought a new dimension in 7mm08 and I've been having a few issues so I did a search on here and found a couple threads from 2011 with basically the same problems I'm having only in the Venture model. Just wondering if anyone else is having these problems or any ideas on how to fix them without sending the rifle back, kind of sounds like a nightmare. When I first got it the bolt was incredibly stiff to cock, couldn't do it with the rifle shouldered and it almost took 3 hands. I worked the bolt for an hour or so and it loosened up but after putting roughly 50 rounds through it I've had two, towards the end of the 50 rounds, back to back misfires, the firing pin struck the primer on the first one and nothing on the second one. Any ideas?
Old July 11, 2013, 09:51 PM   #2
reynolds357

Send it back. I sent my Venture back and the round trip took less than a week, only only cost me a few pieces of tape to seal the shipping box with.
Old July 13, 2013, 09:00 PM   #3
skoal3

That would be nice if it went that quick, I've read other posts of it having to back time after time and taking weeks or even months, that makes me nervous. I took it out and shot it again today and around 40 rounds went off without a problem. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tags
bolt , dimension , misfire , t/c