The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 22, 2011, 05:57 PM   #1
lee n. field

Downloading a thread

Just a quick note. I've been having a heck of a time doing either "File, download the document" or "file, print (PDF)". Things just spin and time out.

However, "share, email as attachment" worked quickly.

[Moved from the Revolver checkout thread - http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57816]
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by Mal H; May 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Moved out of checkout thread to Tech Support
Old May 22, 2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Jim March

Huh. That's odd. Well, that'll work I guess! Downloading works for me...I'm on Firefox 3.6.17 on Linux .
Old May 23, 2011, 09:57 AM   #3
tyme
Staff

On my Chrome browser, it goes through two redirects after I select "download".

Dollars to donuts you have a hyperactive plugin/extension/firewall or some other browser setting that's interfering.

I tried FF 4.0.1 linux and win7, both worked fine. Are you logged into Google? If so, try logging out and see if it's still broken.

Either way, that's really a google docs issue with your setup, and has nothing to do with TFL. I can neither help debug (without risking exposing your google credentials) nor fix anything that might be causing problems on Google's end.

@Jim If your distro hasn't upgraded to FF 4 by now, you should think about switching distros.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)