The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 27, 2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Yoosta B. Blue

Anticipating its arrival...

I've been carrying my new Beretta PX4 Storm (.45) for a few weeks in a holster that wasn't made for that gun. Consequently, it's not pleasant to carry and I decided that I needed to scout around and find a nice comfortable holster.

I did lots of research, read lots of reviews, and narrowed it down to a couple that really looked good. I finally chose the SuperTuck. But upon looking closer, for those who prefer to have an IWB cross draw, SuperTuck is not the one recommended by Crossbreed holsters. They have another model called the Qwikclip.

There are lots of reviews available for the SuperTuck, but strangely, very little info out there regarding the Qwikclip. Even so, I ordered a horsehide Qwikclip today. I'm really looking forward to receiving it. I'll be sure and return to this thread after I've worn it a few days and report my findings with it...

Yoosta B. Blue
Old August 28, 2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Michaelm45

Looks Good.
How about some pics when you get it.
Old August 28, 2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Yoosta B. Blue

Quote:
How about some pics when you get it.
Sure, I'll be happy to do so after I have the holster in hand...

YBB
Old August 29, 2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Yoosta B. Blue

Holy smokes!

I ordered this Qwikclip holster on Thursday, August 27 at about 1PM CST. Here it is Saturday, August 29. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work a little bit ago, and found my new holster in the mailbox. Talk about quick service! (The lady had told me to expect it to take a week or so.)

I really like the looks of this holster. (I'm glad that I chose horsehide.) I'll take a few photos of it in the next couple of days, and post them here. After wearing the Qwikclip for only an hour, I can already tell that it is a fantastic choice that I've made. Though there is a retention adjustment, I have made no adjustment, for it fits perfectly just as it came. As an added plus, I just now discovered that the holster also fits my Stoeger Cougar 8000 (9mm) just like it was made for it. LIFE IS GOOD! More to come...

Yoosta B. Blue
Old August 31, 2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Yoosta B. Blue

This holster is great!

After having had the Qwikclip here for only two days, I have no doubts that this one is just what the doctor ordered! It is very comfortable to wear, and I think I can see how in some reviews of the holster that I read, a couple of Qwikclip customers mentioned that they sometimes forget they even have it on. It's still too new to me for me to make such a statement, but I'm enjoying the holster immensely!

Here are a couple of shots I just now took. I'll probably alternate carry guns each month, but have started off carrying my PX4 .45. You'll note that I inserted a quarter coin into the photos just to provide scale.

Front:
http://www.freshonmymind.com/qwikclip/front.jpg

Rear:
http://www.freshonmymind.com/qwikclip/rear.jpg

Thanks for reading. I'm confident that I've made a great selection in choosing the Qwikclip. Hats off to Crossbreed Holsters for making such a wonderful product! I used to be blue when carrying my PX4 in a holster that was not made for it, but no longer. This holster rocks!

Yoosta B. Blue
Old September 12, 2009, 02:32 AM   #6
Yoosta B. Blue

Still very pleased.

Knowing what I know now, I would defintely buy the Qwikclip again. It's a wonderful holster!

YBB
Old September 12, 2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Michaelm45

I like it!

Nice review.
Thanks for the post
Old October 6, 2009, 09:40 PM   #8
Yoosta B. Blue

Long ride is just fine

Today was the first time I've had a chance to see how my Qwikclip would feel when driving a good ways. On a trip of 430 miles with me doing all the driving, this holster was very comfortable. I'm sure glad that I selected it!

YBB
Old January 24, 2010, 06:11 AM   #9
Yoosta B. Blue

Still very pleased

Now that I've been using my Crossbreed Qwikclip for several months, I can say without reservation that this is a very comfortable holster. I told my wife yesterday that if I ever have a different gun for CCW, it will be carried in a Qwikclip holster. Thanks, Crossbreed. You rock! (That's a verb, not a noun.)

Yoosta B. Blue
Old January 30, 2010, 08:00 PM   #10
sneeker

Thanks for the info. Always appreciated.