The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old July 25, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1
LordTio3

How would you mount This sling on This rifle?

I have a predicament. I really want a solid 2 point sling on my carbine, but I do not know how I am going to go about mounting it on the forend.

This is the basic layout of my rifle.

And this is the 2 point sling I've settled on.

They are lace-through straps on either end. Attaching to my buttstock is a cinch; but I need help with my forend mount. Does someone make something I don't know of that will allow me to mount this to the front of my rifle without changing the handguards or gas block? Is there a simple modification I can make (anchor/cut/notch) that will let me safely feed this strap through without affecting function? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

~LT
Old July 25, 2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Creeper

If you are trying to avoid putting anything on the GB rail... A sling swivel with a long stud, in the same thread pitch and approximate length as one of your gas block screws, should do the trick.
There are also all sorts of barrel ring type sling swivels... some are clamp type, some are single screw - "squeeze over" type.

Cheers,
C
Old July 25, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3
Willie Lowman

Something like this?

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...%E2%84%A2.html
Old July 27, 2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Destructo6

Magpul's MOE sling attachments will allow you to put a sling loop on the gas block's rail.

You can then put a HK-style hook on the front of the sling and Bob's your uncle.

Keep all of them clean.
Old July 28, 2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Sasquatch in MN

I rig all my AR's IDF style. There is a handguard band sling point that is available that would be perfect on your rifle.

[email protected]
Old July 29, 2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Mobuck

A piece of para cord cinched down between the gasblock and front of the hand guard. That's how mine has been attached for 4 years.

Tags
carbine , chimichanga , mount , point , sling