The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 16, 2009, 03:04 PM   #1
shortwave

Prices and availibility of dies...

Getting back into loading is a pain in the butt. I`m finding that re-stocking certain components and dies, if you can find them, is getting much harder. What are the average prices everyones paying for dies these days. I bought two(475/480 and 9mm makarov) RCBS dies the other day for $34.95 each. Is that about the norm? Many more yet to buy 38,357, 40,41mag, 44mag.,45acp and LC. I`ve got a RCBS loader. Who`s got the best prices on good dies?
Old March 16, 2009, 08:37 PM   #2
BigJakeJ1s

That's probably about right. 45 acp and 9mm can be hard to find at any price since the election.

Andy
Old March 16, 2009, 09:22 PM   #3
pmeisel

The shelves are not as full but there are dies out there. Got a bargain on an RCBS 7.62x39 set today, $17 at my local..... they have some things and not others. If you shop online check more than one site....
Old March 16, 2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Storm52

I suggest while you are shopping for best prices on dies, order primers and powder now. That way you will get on the waiting list for back orders. You can find some great deals on EBay for dies.
Old March 17, 2009, 03:07 AM   #5
shortwave

Thanks all for your input. Didn`t think about ebay. Will take advice on ordering powder and primers. Sad thing about this is I had what I needed at one time. Been out of the loop for a good while. Getting ready to retire and with kids shooting and grandkids right around the corner wanting to shoot, I`d better get back in the swing of things. Hope you guys don`t mind me picking your brains, but know I appreciate info in advance. Hope in some small way I can contribute back to this forum. Thanks again,Shortwave...