The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 25, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1
FLGlocker23

advice on holsters for G23

just got a G23 and looking to pick up a quick holster for now. Then in a 2-3 months (when my concealed permits hopefully arrives) going to invest in a top quality IWB holster. But for now I saw on glock.com homesite they sell their basic "sport" holster for only 14$. Thats a killer deal. or is it? is this thing a waste of money and I should spend the 15 bucks extra for a blackhawk or fobus or a like brand? Thanks for everyones help. I would also like to use this one for future OWB use on winter days or days I'm wearing larger clothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holsters.jpg (10.2 KB, 25 views)

NRA Member
Old January 25, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2
m.p.driver

Check out CDNN for Israeli Retention holsters for $16.99.Bought two and so far they have been great.
Old January 26, 2013, 01:21 AM   #3
JimmyR

I'm not too impressed by their holster, to be honest. I'm not seeing much, if any, retention to it, which you really kinda need for an OWB holster. I carry my CZ75 in a pancake holster from Barsony leather, and it's held up nicely. It keeps my gun close, and can be used for OC or CC. They generally run about $40, but worth every penny and then some.
Old January 26, 2013, 11:00 PM   #4
riddleofsteel

I am strong side carry guy myself. This Kramer horse hide belt scabbard is 17 years old daily carry.
Old January 26, 2013, 11:57 PM   #5
redrick

If I needed one fast like you do I would go to Galco's websight and find the holster that I wanted, then buy it from opticsplanet. You might not want to change. I use a Milt Sparks VMII, but it takes about 7 months to get one. Galco now makes a copy of that and if you order from opticsplant you should get it in a week with free shipping.
Old February 3, 2013, 02:08 PM   #6
double bogey

Bianchi #5. Its for a G17, but fits my 23 like a glove. I inherited mine from a cousin. I probably wouldn't have bought it on looks, but it is so comfortable i don't notice I'm wearing it.