The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 4, 2000, 07:21 PM   #51
FUD

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul A: ... But when Kahr finally realizes that they could make a fortune making the MK series in plastic, I will own the 9mm MK pistol with serial # 2! ...[/quote]There's actually a company called Scott, McDougall & Associates which does this very thing -- you send them a P9 and they chopped it down to the size of the MK9. While I have the greatest reespect for their work, I think that the reduced weight will make it difficult to accurately shoot full-power loads. I owned an MK40 but found it too powerful a round to shoot from such a small gun.

First Rule: Have a gun (implies that you can carry it concealed -- whatever your particular situation may be).
Second Rule: Pick the largest caliber that you can accurately shoot.

Old June 5, 2000, 09:29 AM   #52
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

Whoa! Time for pt.2
Old June 5, 2000, 06:49 PM   #53
Solitar

I disagree with Riddleofsteel's statement about mouseguns being ineffective against cats and other varmints. In spite of living in town, I used a Raven .25 to dispatch a bird-killing cat (okay, it took two rounds: one at 5 yards to stop it in its tracks and another to finish the job). As to .22's from a revolver, my dad and I can't count the number of cats and dogs that we permanently ridded the neighborhood of (though I admit that over 10 yards it is chancy on medium or larger dogs).
Old June 5, 2000, 09:09 PM   #54
Solitar

We likely all agree that a bigger caliber is better - epecially when shooting varmints the size or Rottweilers or bigger, but my main criteria for 24/7 concealability is thinness and weight. In reviewing this thread and the archives, the P32 meets these criteria the best. It even looks small enough to go under a sock or garter belt {anyone wear those anymore?}.

Yes, a 9mm would be better. But is there a 9mm or even a .380 under 3/4" inch thick and around 1/2 lb?
Old June 5, 2000, 10:29 PM   #55
tatters

I can carry my P-32 clipped to the waist band of my sweats and it doesn't feel at all tippy or loose. I take it biking and hardly even know it is there. I gotta say, my wife is happier,too 'cause I can wear dress clothes again and tuck in my shirts. I am also more discreet around the house with my mouse gun. I know we have naysayers, but for me, the P-32 is a perfect companion to my
P-11. The P-32 fits the bill(for me) when an "always" gun is needed.

------------------
And if you hear from my Louise, won't you tell her I love her so?

[This message has been edited by tatters (edited June 05, 2000).]
Old October 25, 2012, 11:03 AM   #56
cluznar

.32 acp for concealed carry?

Best way is to ask someone who has been shot with a .32 or maybe google how many were killed by a .32? I have a Bersa .32 and believe it will hurt you quite a bit if I shoot you. Carry 73gr Fiocchi FMJ ammo.
Old October 25, 2012, 11:51 AM   #57
2damnold4this

An interesting but old thread.
Old October 25, 2012, 02:52 PM   #58
mrt949

Been carrying a 32 acp for years. I like old threads that get life again.
Old October 25, 2012, 04:21 PM   #59
SIGSHR

Not my first or second choice but beats fists, feet and foul language and of course, Rule No. 1-Have a Gun. And, as we have noted, those who disparage "mouse guns" never volunteer to stand down range of them. I also recall Charlie Askins' definition of a belly gun-"You put it against your opponent's belly and pull the trigger." Like an anti-tank weapon, aim for the soft spots.
Old October 25, 2012, 07:59 PM   #60
Swagman00

I'll tell you right now a .32 in .32 brass is questionable from my perspective.

On the other hand if take that .32 pill, press it into a 7.62x25 Tok case, charge that sucker to max capacity with AA #9 and you'd be on the edge of .357 territory. A Tokarev pistol has the same thin profile of a 1911.

Best of luck on a decision. : )
Old October 9, 2017, 09:37 AM   #61
chrisabraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisE View Post
I live in the Orlando, FL area. I have a number of "real" guns but the Kel-Tec 32 is my "always" gun. Loaded with Silvertips it's the best compromise I've found. Better the .32 in your pocket that the .45 (or.380) you would have left at home. Regards, Dennis
I love my .32 Kel-Tec. I bought it because my Seecamp LWS32 doesn't load/eat everything (finicky) so anything that doesn't load gets adopted by the P32. I've done loads of polishing--fluff and buff--so she's a real keeper and amazingly reliable and weighs almost nothing and is so narrow. I keep FMJs in all my .32s because I prefer penetration over expansion in a caliber this relatively small.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old October 9, 2017, 10:04 AM   #62
Mike Irwin
Staff

This is a 17-year-old thread.

No reason to resurrect it.

I don't know if Tap-N-Squawk gives the "this is a really old thread" notification or not, but I certainly hope that it does.

If you wish to talk about carrying .32s, please start a new thread in the semi-auto forum or the revolver forum, depending on which action you're carrying.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread