The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 7, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1
MSDOTFRANK

Ponsness Reloader Disassembly

I GOT A PROBLEM.
My newly acquired P/W 800B is frozen. It won't cycle at all. I noticed I had not turned on the powder and with three hulls in the carousel I started short cycling it to bring the first hull back to the powder drop. I don't know what I did but when I got the first hull to the primer decap/capping station it locked up. Won't budge. I don't have a manual so I'm not sure exactly how to disassemble the unit. My best guess is when the first hull came back to the first station a primer may have gotten stuck in the already primed hull from the first time around.

Anybody got ANY ideas?

I removed the pins from the left and right linkage but the bottom half of the unit won't go up either.

HELP!!!!!!!!
Old April 7, 2009, 10:20 PM   #2
olddrum1

You may have a couple of problems here. They are all located on the bottom of the shell area. If you are lucky one of the shells has slid down out of the forming die. The second is that you did not get the primer all the way in or have some other obstruction on one of the shells at the primer location. Give the good folks at PW a call. They are an excellant group of people if you have a problem. Look up their number on their website and give them a call. Any question PM me.

CB.