The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 1, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Rig Magician

CCI primers and hornady LNLAP press

I read on here where people were having problems with this combanation. Does anyone know if this is still a problem or if this has been fixed. I have a new press and I am trying to order some primers and powders and primers to start loading. I bought 1k of small CCI primes before I read that, and was wondering if I should try to find Win or Remington primers instead.
Thanks,
Mark
Old April 1, 2010, 08:51 PM   #2
mongoose33

I've never had a problem w/ CCI primers and my LnLAP press.
Old April 1, 2010, 09:56 PM   #3
impactco

I had issues getting correct seating depth with LR CCI primers in my LNL AP that is about 2 years old now. I switched to Winchester and had no more issues. AFAIK, Hornady has not changed anything with the priming system since I bought mine. I have not tried SR CCI primers in the press. Give it a try and let us know how it goes...
Old April 1, 2010, 09:57 PM   #4
riverwalker76

CCI have the thickest of all primers! I don't know where you heard that.

What caliber are you reloading? I reload a lot of .223 and I use CCI small rifle MAGNUM primers. The CCI SR Mag primers have the thickest cup of any brand out there.
Old April 1, 2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Rig Magician

Hey, thanks everyone. I will be loading both SP and LP as soon as I can get some. I hope to put some on order here soon. I am still having a hard time finding them though. I have about 5 sites that I am looking at. I can get the CCI primers for a few local places. they a couple of places have them for 39 per K and one place wants 50 per K. The 39 is not to bad but the 50 is crazy.
Mark
Old April 2, 2010, 12:21 AM   #6
Shoney

Sounds more like a brand X worshiper trying to mess with someones mind.

I've put thousands of CCI primers in all sizes thru my LNL AP. I have not seen nor experienced a problem.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111