Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 4, 2010, 07:57 AM   #26
Daryl

What? No reloading bench?

Their design is obviously flawed.

Daryl
Old November 4, 2010, 08:30 AM   #27
stevelyn

What? Nobody gets out and walks anymore?

Nice truck, but I could do without the extra crap. Just gimme a standard bed, a camper shell and a tow hitch.

East Moose. Wear Wolf.
Old November 4, 2010, 10:47 AM   #28
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Hunting from a vehicle is fully legal in Texas, as long as you're not on a public right of way. On the ranch? Go ahead. After all, it's nothing but a portable blind on wheels instead of on your back or in your tactical wheelbarrow.

Lotsa south Texas brush country truck rigs with high seats. It's the only way you can ever see anything where thick brush is over head-high. The rigs let you look down into it.

Anything wider than my old '85 Toy 4WD PU is too fat to go through some of the narrow spots in my back country playground--narrow enough to fold the mirrors back. Can't even begin to get my '09 Tacoma through.
Old November 4, 2010, 11:07 AM   #29
taylorce1

Not really interested in the whole package but that shooting platform on top, they could market a kit for any pickup. That would be a great rig to put some shooting benches up on top of it for shooting prairie dogs and other colony varmints. Pull in to a town be slightly elevated for better shots plus less chance of a ricochet with the shooting angles.
Old November 4, 2010, 03:52 PM   #30
six-gun

i'm of the mind that who cares how functional it is...it just looks cool. not like i can ever afford it anyway.
Old November 5, 2010, 04:42 AM   #31
sc928porsche

Hunting from a vehicle is frowned upon by most states. I suppose the next innovation will be to have your game tethered on a leash.
Old November 5, 2010, 01:42 PM   #32
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Sorry, SC928, but your own hunting must have been rather limited. You need to see more of the world. There are many different types of hunting gear which have resulted from meeting local variants in terrain and vegetation. There is no "One size fits all," whether in basic methods or gear.