The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 18, 2009, 05:07 PM   #1
jake1952

Lyman 1200dps scale - possible issues

I bought a "new" Lyman 1200 dps off ebay. It does look new and I think it works alright but I do have a couple questions someone might be able to answer. I noticed someone (most likely the seller) cut a four inch square piece out of the bottom of the original factory box. They must not have wanted me to see something. I was wondering if it might have been stamped refurbished?

When I place a calibration weight on the pan a lot of times it will weigh low, hold there for a couple of seconds then read the correct amount. Anyone know if this is normal?

Thank you
Old May 18, 2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

Could he have cut out the bar code/proof of purchase for some Lyman rebate?

And yes, I have had electronic sales take a second or two to "settle in" to the actual weight.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Kendo

Jake,I have these scales. I 've used them for reloading shotgun shellsfor a few years now. Sometimes it does take a second for them to settle ,not bad, just dont rush em. Also mine are super sensitive. They need to be pretty level and stable and turn off all ceiling fans any where near your work station. I was having trouble gettin mine to settle, no fans were on and I finaly figured out it was the air vent in the floor bouncin of the vent hood above the scale moved it over a couple of feet no more trouble. Just my experience, Hope this helped,