The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 8, 2004, 05:43 PM   #1
mec

Di'Angelo Engraving

http://dangeloengraving.com/
He has worked for the Smith and Wesson Engraving Shop and was the chief engraver there for the last couple of years. Some of the guns he engraved cost a year's salary for most of us. Now that he is in business for himself, his customers stand to save quite a bit off of what the factory jobs cost.

He works in a full range of styles including deep releaf with Gold inlays

and traditional scroll

His interests are not confined to firearms

I got acquinted with him by way of the Smith &Wesson web site. I saw a model 60 something M&P with great scrollwork and a bulino pictograph of a leopard on the side plate. It made me WANT the gun and started the wheels rolling. I craved the scroll work and started looking about for a good scene for the portrait quality Bulino work

During the planning stages, I had a couple of e-mail/telephone conferences with Di'Angelo. They were short and directed toward finding an adequate reprodution the image, and positioning it on the side plate. I found him to be possessed of excellent "People Skills" and an enthusiasm for engraving that made me glad I was doing business with him even before I saw the end result.

At this point, he anticipates completing about 40 full scale jobs per year. At the rates he is charging, it does not appear that he plans to get rich but he will be able to persue his craft and support his family.

Old December 8, 2004, 06:24 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Argggghhhh!

I haven't been practicing my 15 minutes a day.
Old December 8, 2004, 08:05 PM   #3
gudel

i guess those are like tattoos for metal.