The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 30, 2007, 07:15 AM   #1
senior
Member In Memoriam

glock sales/tx

Being fairly new to handguns really, i have a question about Glocks. First, i'm not trying to a s.a. or start any war of words, only looking for what i consider a logical question, least ways to me. IF Glocks are the great guns i hear so much about, why does it seem, at least to me, that a very high percentange of handguns seen advertized on gun sites as used, are of the Glock family? It would seem to me that if the gun were the near perfect pistol as i hear, the ones who purchase them would never let them go.
Old August 30, 2007, 12:31 PM   #2
redblair

I don't own a Glock but lots of people sell guns for lots of different reasons. Also many LE departments lease or buy guns with plans to turn them in after a period of time. Lots of used (CPO) sig's out there. I bought one and love it.

B

Dec. 15, 1791
Old August 30, 2007, 01:02 PM   #3
omegapd

Yeah, I agree with the above poster that it doesn't just adhere to Glocks in general. No matter what you buy, a lot of people think the grass is greener on the other side and sell off whatever they have to get the new thing. I just recently won an auction for a Glock 21 on gunbroker because the guy wanted a Glock 21 SF. I got a great deal on the "old" 21.
John 15:12-13

This is my command: love another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.
Old August 30, 2007, 01:04 PM   #4
minsonngo

The answer to your question is that there are a lot of Glocks out there in the world today.
Old August 30, 2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Spenser

+1 to the above.

It seems so many police departments in the US have issued them. The officers often will buy their own, then sell it off and keep their issued sidearm, or horse-trade, or something.

There's just a lot of them out there. Like Ford Ranger pickups. There's millions of them on used car lots. They just made and sold a lot of them over the years.