The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 24, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Kevin_d77

CZ70

I just picked up a CZ70 from Aim Surplus and it looks like the only time it was fired was the test fire. Are these at all collectible, i.e. I shouldn't fire it? I bought it with all intent to shoot it and enjoy it. I also have an 82 as well. Should I have picked up a shooters grade one too and keep this one in pristine condition??
Old August 24, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2
RJay

It is a inexpensive Milsup , Fairly well made and reliable, shoot the h-e double L out of it. There is some question about them being in such condition, one opinion is that they were recondition for the sole purpose of being exported and/or never issued. Who knows for sure. I keep one tucked away in my car { I'm one of those rare birds that like the little .32 ACP }. In my own opinon { and I hove more out in the garage } it would be rather silly to put it away in the hopes of it ever becoming some type of collectable, good grief, you can say that about any firearm, even a Rohm RG 10.
Old August 24, 2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Kevin_d77

Yea I figured. Already put 50 rds thru it and it was a blast! People on the CZ forum are all freaking out about it saying they ordered two, one to shoot and one to store. I figured what the heck, buy it and shoot it!