The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 12, 2017, 04:42 PM   #51
2damnold4this

I'm pretty happy with my current holster setup carrying the K6s AIWB. OWB isn't really an option for concealing under the light t-shirt.

The best option would be for me to take it easy and not sweat as much but I think I'll just carry the 342 when it's hot and switch back to the K6s when it cools down a bit. If it do get covered with sweat while carrying the K6s, I'll be sure to take the grips off and clean it promptly.
Old July 15, 2017, 11:32 PM   #52
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RevolverGuy View Post
Recoil is very subjective and different for each of us due to so many factors I am to lazy to list here and honestly not sure that I even know all of them

For example I hate the recoil of the 454 Casull, it is just no fun for me, but the weirdest thing I can shoot 460 Magnum and it is much more enjoyable and it has nothing to do with the revolver as both cartridges were fired through the same 460XVR Xframe revolver.

Again for a guy my size with my hand size 357 in this revolver was nothing to me. Again I can see how that would be different for each of us, especially a lady with smaller hands.

I love my Large bore Magnums. Mind you most of mine are 6.5" and up. I did get a Ruger Alaskan 2.5" Casull. The only caliber that makes me take notice is when I use 500 gr, 500 S&W.

I'm picking up this K6S tomorrow and retiring my 5 shot 640 S&W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old July 16, 2017, 06:15 AM   #53
Mr.RevolverGuy

Retire your 640?

Meaning what you have put to many rounds through it? I love the K6s and carry it every day but the S&W 640 is not ready for retirement home just yet. I know there are other duties it can fill
Old July 16, 2017, 07:55 AM   #54
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RevolverGuy View Post
Retire your 640?

Meaning what you have put to many rounds through it? I love the K6s and carry it every day but the S&W 640 is not ready for retirement home just yet. I know there are other duties it can fill

No. I mean the K6S will be one of two I conceal carry in the pocket.

Old July 16, 2017, 08:52 AM   #55
Wheel-Gunner

I want the newly announced 3" version. That was my only gripe about the original, I wanted a 3" tube, especially for 357 mag.

When will the 3" be available? Anyone know?
Old July 16, 2017, 10:04 AM   #56
Mr.RevolverGuy

The 3 inch is supposed to be available this summer late summer. I just hope they can live up to it. The initial K6s took well over a year after announcement.

By the way they have introduced 2 other models -- Deep cover and Custom Defense package

Last edited by Mr.RevolverGuy; July 16, 2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old July 16, 2017, 11:55 AM   #57
chaim

I'm with those interested in the 3". When the K6 was first announced, I thought it sounded great. 6 rounds, thinner than a Colt D-frame (not by much though, 1.39" v. 1.40"), DAO so nothing to snag, great trigger...However, I'm not a fan of 2" revolvers, I love a 3", and I thought it sounded like it would be perfect if they'd ever bring out a 3" version.

Well, others mentioned it already, but:
http://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-stainless-3

3", 6 rounds, only a little bigger than a J-frame (1.39" width v. 1.305", just 1/4" taller than a 442/642, and just .12" longer than a 3" S&W 60), heavy enough to be a very comfortable .38 and chambered in .357mag so you can use magnums in a pinch, and usable sights (3 dots, I assume night sights will be available, if they aren't already, since Kimber has announced a CDP and DC version of the 2" K6 with night sights). Sounds about perfect for a carry revolver to me. The only thing it may need is more CCW friendly grips since the 3" has a larger grip than the 2", so if I get one I may need to put some boot grips on it (then again, the larger grips may make it comfortable with magnums so I'd have to wait and see).

I think it is time to start saving (and put off the 4" K-frame, and 3" L-frame again).
Old July 16, 2017, 06:37 PM   #58
Rfactor

I took my new K6s to the range last week, and was very impressed! I've been a S&W fan for 40 years, and the K6s has fast become my favorite CC revolver. Kimber got everything right with this one. Recoil was surprisingly manageable with 158 grain magnum loads, and at 10 yards all rounds were in the 10 ring. Great gun.
Old July 17, 2017, 09:06 PM   #59
Rfactor

I just recently bought a Kimber K6s, and am very pleased with it. I've been a Smith guy for 40 years, but the K6s is the best CC revolver I've seen in a long time. At the range I kept all the 158 grain magnum loads in the 10 ring at 10 yards. The recoil was very manageable, and the trigger was crisp and clean. Overall a great gun.
Old July 17, 2017, 10:32 PM   #60
CDR_Glock

Kimber K6s Revolver -- First Impressions Video

Just shot 200 rounds. 1/2 38 and 1/2 357 Magnum. I felt a lot better with it than my S&W 640 Snubby. 6 rounds is a bonus for sure.

The trigger is smooth and feels close to, but better, than an LCR.

Both were very manageable. I'm working on getting comfortable with it. At 10 yards, I got very comfortable and hit the bullseye 3 times with it.

With 38s I was able to hit 25 and 50 yards easily. I'm still inconsistent with 357 Magnum on it for the the time being. I usually need about 500 rounds to feel comfortable with a new firearm.

I only wish I could find wider or thicker grips. My hands are a tad too big for it.

Old July 18, 2017, 08:33 AM   #61
gnystrom

I agree on the grip size. My K6s came with factory lasergrips and they too are a bit thin for my taste. Great for concealment and the laser makes it easy to shoot accurately at distance but I would prefer a more rounded boot grip.
Old July 18, 2017, 04:23 PM   #62
2damnold4this

I would also like to see more aftermarket grip options available for the K6s. Altamont does make some boot style grips but I'd like something a bit larger.