The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old July 3, 2017, 09:47 AM   #26
Hilltop Shooter

I own a RA Ranch in 5.56 and a RA Predator in 6.5creedmoor and both shoot over their heads. I mostly shoot cheap stuff in the 5.56 and it still shoots pretty tight. The 6.5cm shoots terrific!

Im set on getting another Ranch in 450BM.
Old July 3, 2017, 10:00 AM   #27
zipspyder

My Ruger American 7mm-08 with foam filled buttstock and Witt machine muzzle break. My baby is a long range tack driver. Obviously not sub MOA but darn accurate for me.

Old July 4, 2017, 11:43 PM   #28
dvdcrr

They are a nice budget gun, like my TC Compass. But I just really prefer a nice walnut stocked mauser.
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence when we are able to attack we must seem unable....when using our forces we must appear inactive. When we are near we must make the enemy believe we are far away."Sun Tzu The Art of War.
Old July 13, 2017, 07:54 PM   #29
DJarvis

I bought two Ruger American Rifles in 243 for my boys first deer rifle. Bought them for the price incase they didn't like to hunt. But these Rugers shoot great. They shoot 1/4 inch groups and tighter. One I have to use 100gr speer bullits and the other likes 100gr Hornady Interlocks.