The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 12, 2000, 07:41 PM   #1
eagleye

Going to my first gun show on Saturday. What are the rules? Can you take handguns to trade? Anyone help me out on this? Thanks
Sorry, please move this to General Discussion form.
------------------
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves againest tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson

[This message has been edited by eagleye (edited April 12, 2000).]
Old April 12, 2000, 10:24 PM   #2
Herodotus

The best rule is to never let the muzzle of any firearm you inspect point at another person. This will be appreciated.
They will probably inspect any arms you bring at the door and do what is appropriate for the particular show, so don't worry about this.
Have fun.

[This message has been edited by Herodotus (edited April 12, 2000).]
Old April 12, 2000, 10:42 PM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Many shows require that you have ty-wraps to render a handgun unusable. Carry some spares, in case somebody wants to check the gun's operation. (Some shows provide the ty-wraps.)

I suggest just wandering through and looking, before trying any trading. Get a feel for the place; listen to the chatter...

And be doggoned sure you know the value of what you got and what you want! And remember that a dealer won't trade if there's no profit in it for him--he doesn't care WHAT you paid for what you have.

Good luck, Art
Old April 13, 2000, 12:19 AM   #4
plinkr

InMyHumbelOpinion
gun shows are a great place to see and handle a lot of guns,but good deals are few and far between. The fellas that show there are in the business,and don't give anything away.
That being said,I attend a lot of shows,and enjoy the camaraderie(sp) and the variety of goodies to view.Everything under one roof is a geat way to see it all.
Enjoy the show.