The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 13, 2004, 10:42 AM   #1
Mike C

Wild Bill's Concealment Experience

Unfortunately BAD!
In January 2004 I ordered a holster, on-line, from Wild Bill's Concealment. According to their web site delivery time was 6-8 weeks. After 12 weeks I called to obtain a status on my order. I was told they were behind and it would be another month. After waiting about 5 more weeks I called every 2 or 3 weeks requesting a ship date. Each time I was told in a couple of weeks, or by the end of the week, or by Monday! The last time I called I requested either a credit or a shipment tracking number within the next 4 days. That was a week ago. It is now the middle of July and I have not received a credit or the product I ordered.
Anybody else have this experience?
Old July 13, 2004, 03:19 PM   #2
FirstFreedom

No, but it's absolutely unacceptable, to continue making false promises.
Old July 15, 2004, 02:50 PM   #3
johnbt

That's a shame. I have a number of his holsters and like them, but I bought them all from him at gun shows. Well, I guess I should say I paid for all of them there because I special ordered one and he shipped it.

John
Old July 15, 2004, 03:05 PM   #4
Kirk Keller

I had a similar experience recently and after speaking with Bill, he made me whole. He has suffered through lost staff and other issues. He's scrambling to catch up and is having a pretty tough time of it. He's a good guy and definitely not out to rip anyone off. Circumstances have conspired against him of late.

Kirk

Last edited by Kirk Keller; July 15, 2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old July 15, 2004, 05:36 PM   #5
Broadside

I've ordered one holster from Bill before and I have one on order now. I think is runs about four months behind. He's slow, but his prices are good and he makes quality stuff.
Old August 14, 2004, 05:35 PM   #6
c.r.

I hate to hear that about Bill. He is a good guy, and does make some good holsters. If you ever want to get one of his holsters again try and call Personal Defense Handgun Training Center in Raleigh, N.C. (off Tryon Road) They keep a wall full of his stuff.
Old August 14, 2004, 07:07 PM   #7
JCM298

I've had one of his Covert Carry models for my 340SC for over a year. It's the best IWB holster I've ever owned.

When I ordered it, I had been told 6-8 weeks until delivery. It took 3 1/2 months and towards the end, I called every week.

The quality is great but they make promises they can't keep. I would order from them again but I'd expect a delay,

John
Old August 15, 2004, 01:56 PM   #8
johnbt

Nobody else orders holsters and stuff ahead of time while they're saving up for the gun?

John

Last edited by johnbt; August 17, 2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old August 15, 2004, 02:58 PM   #9
goalie

They sent me a very nice belt in a timely manner. Unfortunately, it came with brass hardware instead of the requested nickel. I was sent the desired hardware ASAP (received it in 2 days) and was told to just keep the brass hardware in case I ever wanted to switch it out.

I would buy from them again. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old August 25, 2004, 07:12 PM   #10
Tommytrauma

I had a similar experience, ordered a holster and bely in 07/03, received it in 02/04, also with the wrong hardware on the belt. Nice stuff, though.
Old August 25, 2004, 10:31 PM   #11
JerryM

In wild Bill's line I like the look of the SOUTHERN COMFORT. It is very similar to the Sparks EX which is my favorite IWB holster.

I am waiting for a Christmas sale like he had last year where his belts were almost half price. I got 2 of his double lined belts for under $100. I have not found better ones, and certainly at that price.

I have a belt on order from Rafter S, and if it is as good as it seems to be on the site, it will be the best bargain for a belt.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old September 26, 2004, 01:23 PM   #12
azrael

as KM Keller said, Bill has had some personnel problems as well as supply problems...Him getting back to normal as far as business will take some time...Be patient

Yup and I own a holster made by Bill...
Old September 26, 2004, 01:44 PM   #13
JerryM

I received my Rafter S sharkskin belt yesterday, and it is beautiful. I do not think one could buy a nicer or better one at any price.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old November 17, 2004, 04:48 PM   #14
LIProgun

I ordered a package (holster, belt and mag pouch) from Wild Bill's on May 20. He told me his turnaround time was running about 10 weeks. I still haven't received my order.

He told me in mid-September that all he was waiting on was the belt, which should ship in less than a week. It apparently still hasn't shipped.

He has not replied to my inquiries over the last few weeks. I've had no option but to contact Visa and dispute the charge. Frankly, I don't want the credit -- I want the leather. But I can't wait forever, nor do I really want to do more business with somebody who doesn't reply to legitimate customer inquiries.

- Leonidas of Sparta, 480 B.C.
Old November 17, 2004, 10:43 PM   #15
FirstFreedom

If you have personal problems and staff problems, you tell people that, and tell them I'm sorry, the wait is now going to be "x" number of weeks or months; you DON'T keep making false promise of a short delivery time after false promise of short delivery time - far far better to quote a looooong wait when the problems become evident - it's about honesty and integrity in the promises made, not about the delivery speed itself. Just my .02 - hope it works out. Sounds like good product.
Old November 19, 2004, 06:29 AM   #16
fed168

He's a good guy. He used to run a shop with about 3 employees at the most.

I've dealt with Bill a bunch and found that he is straight up and honest. If there is a problem with orders, remember he is one man and only has two hands. Back in 1998 when I first started ordering from him the wait was several weeks depending on the order.

Give him a shot and a fair shake.