The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old June 7, 2013, 11:40 PM   #26
kilimanjaro

Seems to be getting better here in Puget Sound area, more ammo, guns on the shelves, some primers, powder. Got to hunt it down, though. Owners of the shops are saying it's coming, it's coming. So end of summer could be alright.
Old June 7, 2013, 11:41 PM   #27
ljnowell

My LGS last sunday

IMR/Hodgdon/AA(on bottom cut off)

Alliant/Win/VV

Couple close ups:

He has a good selection of primers also. SPP,LPP, SR, LR, etc in Winchester, Federal and S&B.

He has a very unique business model that allows him to maintain his inventory in a situation like this.
Old June 8, 2013, 12:57 AM   #28
Northrider

Still pretty bare here too, although I was able to score four boxes of small pistol primers the other day(100 count, not the whole brick). Store even had a box of .22 lr (100) but they were hollow point, so I got them too. First .22 I have seen in months, many months.
Old June 8, 2013, 01:55 AM   #29
schleeb

Shortage

It's improving here in eastern Washington. Lots more powder available. Almost a non issue now. Primers are the big problem. I had to wait about 6 wks. before I could get any pistol primers and they were magnum primers at that. Since I load mostly .357/.38 and 40 cal. that wasn't a big deal. I was just happy to get anything. Bullets are becoming a little more available but the good brand name stuff is non existent. You occasionally see lead or copper plated lead. I like using Rem and Win jacketed hollow point bullets. Haven't seen any of those for sale in at least a year. Fortunately I had a thousand in stock... Some of the spendy non lead bullet are readily available if you want to spend a lot of money.
Old June 8, 2013, 01:59 AM   #30
schleeb

"He has a very unique business model that allows him to maintain his inventory in a situation like this."

He works for Homeland Security right? :-)

He's got more stuff than I've seen in a very long time.
Old June 8, 2013, 08:00 AM   #31
Tom68

I'm going to borrow a suggestion from an earlier thread which could prove very useful: Everybody stop buying components and allow the supply to come back up and the prices to come down.

Then you can resume purchasing near the end of 2013 when I return from this deployment
Old June 8, 2013, 08:35 AM   #32
ShootingNut

"Everybody stop buying components and allow the supply to come back up and the prices to come down."

When your out your out, you have to buy if it ever shows up. Still nothing around here, and retailers don't have a clue when Powder will show up.
Winchester Primers are almost non existant also here.
I have to wonder where the production of powder has been going to? Sure not to southern wisconsin. :confused
Old June 8, 2013, 08:40 AM   #33
RaySendero

Just picked up some LR and SR primers, but shelf was bare on powders.
Old June 8, 2013, 10:31 AM   #34
Silver00LT

Quote:
I'm going to borrow a suggestion from an earlier thread which could prove very useful: Everybody stop buying components and allow the supply to come back up and the prices to come down.

Then you can resume purchasing near the end of 2013 when I return from this deployment
IDK where you shop, but I am paying pre-panic prices on all components.
Old June 8, 2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Unclenick
Staff

Note that all shortage-related posts are now supposed to be put in the Where is Everything sticky thread in the General forum, here. Please put all further posts on the subject there. This was done to prevent a lot of information duplication on the subject all over the board.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Closed Thread