The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 21, 2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Booker_B.

Need help removing extractor, Remington 514

I'm doin' a little work on my dad's old Remington 514. Could somebody tell me how to take the extractor out? I'm kinda new to gunsmithing so, any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old April 21, 2006, 04:51 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

info for you

This extractor is held in place by a plunger and spring. You need to use something to push the plunger to the rear of the bolt and then push the extractor out of the bolt from front to back. To put it back in, I use my fingers, but you may need to use whatever tool you used to push the plunger to the rear so you can slide the extractor back in. There will be a hole that is drilled into the bolt to the rear for the spring and plunger and one drilled cross ways that the tail of the extractor will fit in. Just slide the tail and and then the extractor back and let he plunger move forward to hold it in place. Hope this helps.
Old April 22, 2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Booker_B.

Thanks for the help, I got the old one out, put the new one in, and it works great