The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 17, 2000, 10:08 PM   #1
Guy B. Meredith

I've seen an ad, but no information. Was not on the RCBS web site last check. Anyone have any information?
Old January 18, 2000, 12:47 PM   #2
Scratch

I had to call RCBS today so asked about their new press. First it will start shipping FEB 1. IT will have five stations and will be a manual indexing press.
I'm bummed I was hoping for an auto indexing press.
Just thought you all like to know.
Scratch
Old January 18, 2000, 06:06 PM   #3
Guy B. Meredith

Scratch,

Thanks.

Did they mention price, callibers, sources for more information, when it will be listed on the web page?
Old January 21, 2000, 02:30 PM   #4
ARshooter

Saw the new press at the SHOT Show. You're bascially getting a Dillon, without many years of trial and error to get the bugs out. It is still a nice piece though. Also looked at the Dillon 650. I would definitely choose that press. Not sure how well RCBS's warranty would work. We all know about Dillon's great warranty.
Old January 21, 2000, 06:25 PM   #5
Scratch

EVERY time I have called RCBS with a problem they have mailed the replacement parts to me for free. I not a big RCBS fan just because I seem to have problems with breaking decapping pins (alot) and other parts that sould not bend or break. I keep buying their products though because they have good service when I need it. BTW I use a Hornady press and they send out parts when I need them too.
I'm concidering buying a new progressive, one that is easier to change calibers. I'll definately look at this new press but "I" really like auto indexing, less chance of me screwing up!
I just thought I'd had to plug RCBS service. Everyone always talks about the "gods" at Dillion but there are others that treat people good too.
Scratch