The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 27, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1
tynman

Sturdy safe door storage ideas?

I have a sturdy safe model 3224 with fire protection. I am just looking for ideas on what I can use to hang my pistols on the inside of the door. I like the door orginizer but I dont know if it will work on my safe. The safe door does not have carpeting on it so velco wont work I dont think.
All ideas welcome.
Thanks
Old June 21, 2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Starting_Out

Old thread but have the same question (larger sturdy safe though) so I figured I'd reply to this rather than start a new one . Anyone have any ideas?
Old June 21, 2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Garycw

Sturdy safe door storage ideas?

You could glue fabric or marine carpet to door and use the Velcro door organizer or similar. If you have shelves inside you'll have to work your storage around those so the door will close. You could also cut sections of a old belt and secure to door to clip holsters on too?
Just a cpl thoughts really depends what you're wanting to store on door? Velcro is some wonderful stuff. Whether its dots, strips or patches
Old June 22, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Pahoo

More than one way to skin this cat !!!

Fort Knox Safes, makes a holster type holder that has Velcro on one side. The inside liner is also covered in Velcro fabric that accepts the holsters. Not sure what your inside door panel is made of but is sheet metal. There is usually not problem in removing one and it does not interfere with the doors operation. .....

Now, my safe panel came with a velvet liners and plastic pegs. The pegs secures to the door by a S.M. self tapping screw. The peg, totally covers the screw. You caps that cover the screw heads from Home Depot. The Body of the peg, can be made from plastic clothes hanger. Cut each piece to about a 1-1/2" length. In short, you can make and install your own pegs. Let me know if you need more details....

Be Safe !!!
Old June 23, 2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Starting_Out

The safes interior is 10 gauge steel. I'm still awaiting delivery so I'm not sure about the clearances to the shelves with the door closed. I'd ideally like something like the amsec door organizer mounted to it but don't know if possible.