The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old January 11, 2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Smaug

Death Wish 3, 45:46

Haven't been around in a while. Did you guys miss me? Hell, I'll settle for someone remembering me, hehehe.

We all know that the Death Wish series is very satisfying to watch. Rapist and murderers are getting drilled right and left by a 40-50-something Korean war vet.

Little did I know that our hero, Paul Kersey, is a reloader in addition to being a real estate tycoon and vigilante.

At 45:46 in Death Wish 3, he is reloading with a Rock Chucker single stage rig for his Wilbey 475 Magnum to ventilate some rapists/murderers.

Kersey's Elderly Neighbor: "You load the shells yourself?"
Kersey: "Nothing's too good for our friends. "

It is worth renting from Netflix or wherever fine videos are rented.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer
Old January 11, 2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Rod38um

Its been years since I've seen that one........ I may have to watch it again if I ever catch it on......... I dont think I'll go looking for it at the video store though. Definitely a good movie in its day!
Old January 12, 2010, 01:35 AM   #3
Tex S

I remember your UTube videos. Welcome back!!!
Old January 12, 2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Sevens

Last time I saw some reloading out of Hollywood, it was a short bit from a CSI: Miami. Something about the ballistics had them all in knots in the lab until they went down in the basement of one of the suspects and there was a Dillon progressive press down there. As I recall, they didn't get deep enough in to any details for me to pick them apart and shred 'em up, much to the enjoyment of my wife who has to listen to me when I do that.

Just punishment for anyone who chooses to watch David Caruso "act" in that show!

There was another episode where one of the techs dropped a 9mm round in the lab and it fell 3 feet from a table and, of course, detonated on a tile floor.
Old January 12, 2010, 10:51 PM   #5
Fullthrottle

"Just punishment for anyone who chooses to watch David Caruso "ACT" in that show"

That is a real stretch for that guy isn't it?

Man after this post I will be sure to pay more attention abut our hobby in the movies.
Old January 13, 2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Ronbert

Other movies with reloading equipment-

TREMORS- Bert Gummer's basement had a press setup. (How could he NOT?)

RED DAWN- The fellow who turned his grand daughters over to the boys for safekeeping had a press setup. He also handed over some ammo.

A western.... can't recall much but a scene of fellow coming across a man with a shade tent and table setup and doing reloading of black powder rounds right there in camp. The reloader was dipping powder while they talked. The story's hero asked if the reloader would teach him to shoot. Mighta been a Clint Eastwood movie......
Old January 13, 2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Sevens

I cannot believe that I've never noticed that in Red Dawn. I've only seen that movie about ten dozen times. I never miss stuff like that.

I will have to watch it again!
Old January 13, 2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Closed, as this is not about reloading, it's about movies that feature reloading (and exceedingly small there).
Closed Thread