The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 5, 2021, 08:41 PM   #26
horseman308

FWIW I've got a set of the Lee Shaver economy sights on my Pedersoli Sharps and a set of MVA on my CPA Stevens. The Shaver sights will work fine. Their windage adjustment is the only real downside to me. It's harder to fine tune. If you're really serious, and you find a load that your rifle likes, hold out for really good sights. But it's just possible the Shaver Economy one will do all you need.
Old October 5, 2021, 10:46 PM   #27
Jim Watson

Strange, I thought the Soule windage on my Shaver Economy sight was ok but the elevation vernier was not consistent and the small diameter disc shank made the peep even darker than it had to be.

Since I replaced it with Baldwin, it was an added expense not a savings in the long run.
My mentor said "You stayed with that sight about a year too long."
Old October 6, 2021, 04:19 PM   #28
KansasTrapper77

I went with the Lee Shaver Economy sights. His name pops up all over forums about custom work. His site was very helpful about things I needed to measure, hell I even called the shop to ask about what height the front sight needed to be and it was Lee himself who answered the phone at 8am. So I figure the economy sights will give me a good taste for the sport. And his shop is about 2 hours from my hometown so I couldn’t resist giving a “local guy” business.

So I’ll give you guys my honest review when they show up and get some shots off.
Old November 26, 2021, 04:24 PM   #29
Randy A

You won’t be happy with the 405gr out at the 2 longer targets at Quigley. You’re going to need a 520gr bullet if you want to be competitive.
Old November 28, 2021, 07:18 AM   #30
darkgael

KT77:
Quote:
because I won't dare enter any competition until I've shot quite a bit.
Competition is the best practice. Get out there and shoot.

Tags
highwall , rolling block , sharps