The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 26, 2022, 10:54 AM   #1
reinert

GOEX news...

From another shooter's website it was reported that the Estes model rocket folks bought the GOEX concern. From what the report said, the Estes Rocket business is near Canon City, CO. If true, hope it all works out for the Estes business and HOPEFULLY for the B.P. shooting world as well.
Old January 26, 2022, 01:16 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Canon City?! I can drive there from home. C'mon Estes. Good luck!
Old January 26, 2022, 01:51 PM   #3
Pahoo

Wishing the well !!!

Quote:
If true, hope it all works out for the Estes business and HOPEFULLY for the B.P. shooting world as well.
We could all use a "tad" of good news, these days. I will support them. ...

Be Safe!!!
Old January 26, 2022, 05:00 PM   #4
Deltadart

Canyon City, Co is a very nice town, I lived near there for a lot of years, I wonder if they will move the operations to that area. I am thinking the US Army had a great deal to do with this.
Old January 26, 2022, 06:46 PM   #5
BornFighting88

I’ll be supporting them, too!! Need that 2f and 4f for flintlock season!!!!

I sincerely enjoy shooting flintlock rifles and pistols. Have a reproduction Brown Bess Musket, and paper cartridges loaded with powder and ball. A day at the range with that thing is so much fun. If this is true, just another reason to grab the gear and hit the range with ol’ Bess.
Old January 27, 2022, 09:47 AM   #6
Hawg

Goex supplied Estes with meal powder. While it is true Estes bought the Goex plant it remains to be seen whether or not they will make sporting powder. https://coraweb.sos.la.gov/commercia...928_DCD599B892
Old January 28, 2022, 12:49 PM   #7
bamaranger

Same

Heard that also, military supply only. Hope not.
Old January 29, 2022, 06:48 PM   #8
reinert

Had a good conversation today with Craig Kirkland (GOEX distributor out of Evanston, WY; Bear River Powder) and he said the GOEX facility will stay in LA, and most likely with the same crew. And as far as he was concerned, signs point quite favorably to sporting powder being available again at some point in the future by the new owners (meetings pending with the new owners for future production plans). Craig's been in the GOEX distributing business for many years, and I trust his info as up to date as any available at this time.

I talked with Craig at the Wyoming State Muzzle Loaders Association convention down in Casper, WY. It was very well attended, and the annual indoor trader's rendezvous was as good as it ever was with just about any and everything available on the tables for the most discriminating muzzle loading enthusiast. Good doin's and good news going forward with the GOEX concern!
Old January 31, 2022, 02:54 PM   #9
Jim Watson

Estes press release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(January 31, 2022) Minden, LA. Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.
Old February 2, 2022, 07:02 PM   #10
Road_Clam

OUTSTANDING news ! This coupled with the new primer manufacturing facility in Tx (Expansion Industries) is such encouraging and welcoming news !