The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 3, 2021, 12:48 PM   #1
deerslayer303

Dun Gon and Dun it again! New Toy

"I'm afraid the strain was more than I could bear" So I had to give this stainless Uberti Cattleman 5.5" a good home. Now I REALLY need a grip made from Black horn with a Silver inlay of some sort. But the guy I had in mind (tombstone grips) unfortunately is not making custom grips right now due to his wife's health. I wish him and her well though. Do any of you fellers know of a grip maker that could make what I want? Thank you in advance.

Pic was enormous I'll see if I can resize and repost
Old December 5, 2021, 11:21 AM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Look in the mirror. At least try. Horn is not hard to work with.
Old December 5, 2021, 01:09 PM   #3
Pahoo

Altamont ??????

Quote:
Horn is not hard to work with.
This is true but the basic stock, is hard to find. Now this is a product that the Pakistanis could start making as well as their knives. Another option is to find and fit one that is already made. I'm wondering if Altamont could help. Contact them and see what they say. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old December 5, 2021, 01:28 PM   #4
Hawg

Nothing will fit without work. Aftermarket grips for Italian revolvers are all oversize because no two grip frames are identical.
Old December 5, 2021, 02:03 PM   #5
Pahoo

Delete

Delete !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; December 6, 2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old December 5, 2021, 03:44 PM   #6
deerslayer303

Thanks for the suggestions Fellas. I'll do some digging and see what I can find. I'm leary about making my own stocks or grips as I just don't think I can. But Heck I may try, who knows what I may be capable of.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Old December 6, 2021, 11:52 AM   #7
4V50 Gary
Staff

Put that heavy plastic packaging tape over your frame. Cut to fit and then the blue painter's tape over that. Begin fitting the horn to the grip afterward. With the tapes on the grip, when you file and you see the blue removed, stop! Remove the blue tape and put on a fresh piece.
Old December 6, 2021, 12:39 PM   #8
Pahoo

Give Eagle=Grips, a call "800-323-6144"

The last single-action set I bought, were made by Eagle Grips and it looks like they are still in business. Why not give them a call? As I mentioned before, you just might be able to trim a set, to fit your SA. By the way, even though they are black-horn and softer, they are georgieous. ...

Be Safe !!!