The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 12, 2009, 09:54 PM   #101
sawnoffshotgun

Hi

Hi I am Jeremy but you can call me sawnoff. I am glad to join this forum. I got tired of www.gunandgame.com being mean to me beacuase I am 15. I think they need to realize that I am there future and will be the one who desides whether guns are allowed in the future. Anyways I am glad to be on this forum.
Old May 13, 2009, 03:33 AM   #102
I Courtney

Hi everyone!

I'm Courtney, a friend referred me to this forum as I want to learn more about firearms and firearms safety. I've had a look around and I like what I see so far! I hope to be here a while and get to know many people!
Old May 14, 2009, 06:29 AM   #103
StonedwallJ

Hi

Hi nice to find a place to field difficult questions and hopefully learn in the process if I can answer any that a bonus.I have been a firearm nut since I was a child ,I grew up in a responsible gun owning Hillbilly farming family. Our roots go deep and they will take my gun from my own deed hand!
Old May 15, 2009, 10:59 PM   #104
.300WSM

Hello to all,
My friends call me J. I was a SGT. in the USMC for 5 years.
I enlisted in 2002 and got out in 2007. I attended SS basic in 2004 at SBCLNC.
Served 2 tours in iraq and have been around the fire arms scene since dad put the power in my 10 year old hands with a 870 express. Since then i have been hooked. Looking for a little help from my tactical friends out there.

My passion is the long range stuff. 700m plus.

I do my share of reloading so i am willing to help anyone with questions in regards to that area.

.300wsm
Old May 16, 2009, 09:39 PM   #105
yorkiepap

Hey guys/gals,
I'm Denny and been lurking for a while. I'm a Nam Vet('63-'64) & retired Master Gunsmith serving the shooting fraternity from 1965-1996. I am presently semi-retired(3rd time) as the metal dept. foreman & do production design & welding for my company. I relax on some of the fine PA farmlands with my .17's dispatching Punxatawny's Phils relatives to the "Happy Hunting Heavens". I hope I can provide some useful information or "tricks of the trade" from bygone days.... D
Old May 17, 2009, 12:43 PM   #106
woodchuck4950

Learned of the forum thru the good folks at Rimfire Central. Hope I learn as much here as I have there. Returning to shooting sports after a 25+ year hiatus. Joined the local conservation club, been taking some NRA classes, punching paper and having a lot of fun.
Old May 20, 2009, 03:54 AM   #107
polymerius

howdy-

Been here couple wks.i've learned almost as much from TFL in the last month than i've learned from talking to my grandpa on a sunday afternoon.

I'm an immigrant.Been in the US for most my life.I guess that makes me an American.I cannot believe what is happenning to this OUR country.And, at the speed that it is happenning.Most people don't seem to notice or talk about it much.

Anyhoo-thnx TFL and Godbless.
Old May 20, 2009, 03:52 PM   #108
chestergrande

Hello from Lawrence!

I found your forum and have had a wonderful time starting through the threads. I am 38 but am new to firearms. My incredibly generous father-in-law gave me his satin stainless Ruger Blackhawk .357 magnum recently, and since then, I've spent more time (at work) learning new things about it and firearms than doing any actual work. So much to learn. Looks like finding ammo might be an issue, though.

Thank you all for your forum contributions. I've already learned from and enjoyed many of your comments.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:24 AM   #109
CHRISBENNETT

Brand new member!

From kc, mo. Just looking to see if there are any folks on this site that have a clue about the mark 23, or is this site a bunch of midwestern thrifty seven owners looking for a buddy?
Old May 22, 2009, 10:05 AM   #110
Miami_JBT

New member from Miami, FL reporting in....

Well.... a little about myself.

Native Floridian of Cuban parents. Second generation cop and proud firearms owner.

Just saying hi
Old May 22, 2009, 03:17 PM   #111
Brasco

New

Hey guys, I am new to the site. But not new to firearms.

Seems like some pretty stand-up people here.
Old May 22, 2009, 09:51 PM   #112
KBOlsen

Very nice forum you all have here.

About me? Took the plunge into handguns a couple of months ago, want to learn as much as I can, develop solid fundamental skills and go from there.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:25 AM   #113
dallas-shooting

Just joined! I found the forum on Google and it sounds like a great place!

I'm from Dallas, any other Texans?
Old May 23, 2009, 11:09 AM   #114
Bud Helms

This is not a discussion thread.

This is not a welcome thread.

This is an voluntary new member introduction thread.
Old May 24, 2009, 11:28 AM   #115
austinjking

Just a regular gun enthusiast

I'm 18 years old, a PFC in the Marine Corps, just chasing the 0321 MOS and keep my gun hobby going while fulfilling my duties in the Corps. Got four of my own guns at home and about 6 family guns in the same safe.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:41 AM   #116
M&P40

New to the Forum

Hello my name is Rich an I'm new to the Forum. I enjoy hunting and shooting and reading all the different views and opinions on this forum.
Old May 25, 2009, 09:41 AM   #117
jamo

jamo newbe

hi iam from middle ga been hunting shooting all my life took a7 year break while working alot just started reloading. about 8 years ago i purchaced rem 700 in .308 vs 24in berrel leopould 4+12 50 mm adj scope is a 1999 vx11 choat stock.advise is welcome thanks
Old May 25, 2009, 07:49 PM   #118
derilect

This is quite a forum ya'll have here. I am pleased to be a member.

I'll be here in southwest Oklahoma if anybody needs me.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:50 PM   #119
Blackwat3r

Hello everyone

Hey everybody.

I've always been introstead in rifles, particularly "sniper rifles". I'd eiher like to fly UH-60 Blackhawks in the military or be a Sniper. Now that i'm old enough in Illinois that i can buy my own gear and rifles; i've purchase a Marlin XL7 30-06 and set up a 500yard range on my parents property. I'm pretty exited about getting into guns and learning the ways of marksmen and general rifle shooting techniques... As well as cleaning tips and gun choices... hoping you all out there can give me a hand.

Hope to get to know you all better!
Blackwater
Old May 27, 2009, 01:52 PM   #120
luke1tiger2

Howdy! I'm Luke from Leesburg, GA and I'm looking forward to finding new friends and info.
Old May 27, 2009, 03:44 PM   #121
iamdug

Hola From the Golden State...

Been shootin since I was born, tired of asking the small group of people I know the firearms-related questions they can't answer!
Old May 27, 2009, 04:26 PM   #122
chordmaster5

Shooting again

What's up guys? I have been reading the forums for awhile now. Lots of good info. I'm primarily looking at reloading stuff right now. I have not been shooting for about 17 years now (hmm, just about the same time I've been married) but have gotten back into it. I discovered a private range very close to my home with very relaxed hours (always open) so I joined 6 months ago and have been using it frequently since. Can't shoot rifles there but that's okay for now because my primary interest is handguns.
Anyway, looking forward to being in the lineup.
Old May 28, 2009, 06:07 PM   #123
808Chaney

Another FNG

Hi all! My name is Chaney. I promise to use the search before I ask any stupid questions.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:59 PM   #124
1Oldman

1Oldman and yes I am. Grew up all over the plains states. Father was in oilpatch and so lived in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado. Went to 13 schools by the time I had graduated from high school. Have traveled to or worked in 29 states in my 59 years.
I have shot firearms since I was old enough to carry a rifle and hunt for rabbits. Was about 12 the first time I shot pheasant with single shot .410. Did not get into handguns until much later in life and now enjoy shootin all types of firearms.

Joined up to get info on reloading and just because I like spending time around people that have a love of firearms. Looking forward to a pleasant time learning and sharing.
Old May 29, 2009, 03:15 AM   #125
rhian09

newbie here

Hi there! I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am Rhian, I'm 19 years on age. And I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way. I hope to get to know everyone here. Hope to have a great time here. Nice to meet you all.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent