The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 31, 2018, 06:14 PM   #51
Bbear

My Grandfather had a Model 97 Winchester 12 ga., now passed on to me. My Dad and his brothers all called it 'Old Kaschlitickerschlot' because of the sound it made when pumped.
Old April 1, 2018, 12:12 PM   #52
chadio

Ham Sandwich

- the term for a spare handgun, carried by police, used to "plant evidence" on a person that was shot by the L.E.O. without justification
Old April 1, 2018, 08:23 PM   #53
L2R

my wife will ask if I brought my friends with me if we are out in public. And I reply, yep all 13.
Old April 3, 2018, 10:53 AM   #54
Skans

Tomato Stake - what we call old Damascus-barreled shotguns, because that's all they are good for.
Old April 3, 2018, 12:53 PM   #55
Coloradohtr

Haha some of these are pretty funny. We get alot of people who come into our LGS where I work not too far from super liberal Boulder, Colorado. Sometimes whenpeople walk in the door they say "Oh, they have guns!"in a weird voice like they are afraid as they spot the racks of about 250 rifles and shotguns and cases of about 200 handguns. The first thing I say to them is "yep, we got guns, heaters, burners, 9s, pieces and gats...whatever you want to call em!" They don't usually stick around long.
Old April 3, 2018, 01:40 PM   #56
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowp61
punt gun
"Punt gun" isn't a slang term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

Quote:
A punt gun is a type of extremely large shotgun used in the 19th and early 20th centuries for shooting large numbers of waterfowl for commercial harvesting operations. These weapons are characteristically too large for an individual to fire from the shoulder or often carry by themselves, but unlike artillery pieces, punt guns are able to be aimed and fired by a single man from a mount. In this case, the mount is typically a small watercraft. Many early models appear similar to over-sized versions of shoulder weapons of the time with full-length wooden stocks with a normal-sized shoulder stock. Most later variations do away with the full-length stock--especially more modern models--and have mounting hardware fixed to the gun to allow them to be fitted to a pintle.