The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 7, 2005, 11:39 PM   #1
twhidd

Marlin sight

I have damaged my front sight ramp on my 336CS. I ordered what I thought was the right replacement from Numrich, but upon installation it does fit. The screw holes are the proper distance apart , but it wont sit far enough back on the barrel to screw down. It hits the barrel band. And I don't see where there is another part number. Am I missing something? Is there a different style thats just not listed. The number I received is 407200B. Any Ideas? Thanks
Old May 8, 2005, 05:48 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

question

When I looked at the online schematic, it doesn't have the 407200B, it has the 407200. I am not sure if that may be a slightly shorter ramp or not or if it is jsut a typo. I would call them and ask to make sure. The only other ramp they showed was the complete unit, 407240C. I know you didn't say you needed the hole package, but ask them if there are two different bases.